Interest in Paper Pieced charity block?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Ok, several of us have expressed an interest in learning to do a paper pieced block. I have noticed that there are more PP blocks than "regular 12 inch " in the 6 or 9 inch size, with butterflies being most numerous (also hearts!)

I can't say that I WANT or have time to make 10 PP blocks so I was wondering how everybody felt about a 6 or 9 inch PP butterfly (or other) block in pinks, purples, yellows & sage, blues with white or creme background to be sent directly to me for charity quilts OR "winner"? gets all the blocks to sew together for a charity quilt etc? Or Hearts in pinks & reds& white?? (SEE LATER POST, I had suggested sending to MIttsy but this is NOT an option!)

This is interest and thought sharing at this point, not really a sign up. So speak up, give me thoughts and then I'll put together an event/thread for the real-deal. If there is not enough interest we can drop it for some "other day".

1.Yes, PP and only 1 (or more IF you choose) to be sent to someone for charity
2. Yes, PP but only if there is enough interest for a full regular swap like normal.
3. Yes, PP but I want us to figure out a drawing or voting etc to determine who gets ALL the blocks.
4. NO, not interested at this time at all
5. Heck yes, whatever the Sewing Tribe decides, I'd choose in!
6. I suggest.....
7. ONE 12 inch block in Red White & Blue to be combined for a Quilters of Valor quilt.

OK, let the feedback begin!

This message was edited Jan 4, 2016 7:38 AM

This message was edited Jan 4, 2016 2:53 PM

This thread has 75 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!