Hello Everyone! I think I\'ve found my new home.

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4b)

Hi there. My name is Jen. I'm from Minneapolis, MN and I'm an Aspiring Green Thumb. I'm VERY new to gardening and plants. I'm extremely eager to learn all I can. I didn't pick the best time to fall in love with plants. The middle of winter in Minnesota does not have many options in the gardening/plant department :-) I have been doing a lot of reading online about house plants. I have two plants currently and want 100 more! I was reading about the "Maid of Orleans" Jasmine plant and I REALLY want one. I started to look for places to purchase it and I stumbled on to this site. This seems like a PERFECT place for someone like me. I'm excited to be part of your community and I'll take all the tips anyone would like to give. Thank you and I look forward to chatting. Jen

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotain. I've been here since 2001.
Enjoy yourself.
Bernie from southern MN.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice to meet you, Jen.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome, Jen! You have time before spring to read and learn, so that's good. Enjoy!

Stone Mountain, GA(Zone 7b)

Have fun trying to decide what to "plant". I think you have more of a challenge than I did in upstate NY (short growing season), plus I had the worst soil in the world. Could have done a great ROCK garden, too.

Now in GA and what a culture and weather shock. It's MAY and it's hot! In NY, I'd have been waiting to plant anything until after June 1. Now, I've already had 2 great rosebushes bloom and am starting with my hydrangeas! It's crazy. And the sun isn't just hot but DAZZLING...sunglasses, hat a MUST!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.