Quilts

NE, SD(Zone 4b)

Unfortunately, I do not sew, knit or quilt but I watch this forum for I enjoy looking to see what you ladies create. Amazing!

Recently I was a successful bidder of two beautiful quilts. It was an online auction for ovarian cancer research. I am including the link if anyone would like to look at the 183 quilts that were offered for sale. The creativity, time put in for this art is incredible.
https://www3.mdanderson.org/auction/quilt

The material donated for one of the quilts was from a fabric designer who currently is battling ovarian cancer. The other quilt I purchased is a wall hanging using cherrywood fabric. Cherrywood fabrics is hand-dyed and each year they also feature a challenge. You ladies would be fantastic! The fabric in my wall hanging looks like suede.

Although I watch the thread to see what you ladies are creating I also must mention I admire your support and helpfulness from afar. I know DG recently has gone through format changes not to everyone's liking but things will settle. I belong to an ovarian cancer support group that is online. Just weeks before DG changed their format this ovarian site changed their format. It looks very similar! There was no warning. We grumbled but folks did not quit. We took the path of least resistance and that was accepting and learning it. Our support for each other and sharing was more important than a change in format. I hope the same for you ladies.

I look forward to seeing what projects you have in 2016!

I am including a picture of a quilt made by a neighbor 35 years ago. She has passed. She made three of these, different patterns, but all are cross-stitched.

This message was edited Jan 1, 2016 1:03 PM

Thumbnail by rockette
This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!