The Year of Rebloom

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

I still have iris blooming today. Not sure which it was, but this clump of a pale blue self TB with a white beard put up five rebloom stalks this fall with the best branching and bud count I had ever seen in that part-shade location, and two of those still have blooms. Here in the Northeast US we haven't dipped more than a couple of degrees below freezing yet, and I can't be the only gardener who's seen rebloom normally reserved for much warmer zones. Pictures, anyone? I'm going to look for mine.

New York, NY(Zone 7a)

What's the image size limit these days? Here's a 70K snapshot of my pale blue rebloomer from mid-November.

Thumbnail by dawnsharon2001
New York, NY(Zone 7a)

The last iris bloom of last season, which when I brought it inside was the smallest bud on a stalk of "Clarence" that appeared and grew in December, closed today. I would say that January 10th is the latest date I've ever seen for an end to the Iris season of the previous year.
Does anyone else have unusual rebloom to report? Is there a thread I missed?

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

It is a bit warmer here but my reblooms also stop in December. I have seen Immorality bloom In December and it looked half way OK. Clarence still really tries to bloom in December but it gets too cold at night so the blooms just don't look too good during the day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.