unhappy roof terrace plants

brighton, United Kingdom

Hello... I know almost nothing about plants and I am humbly asking you experts for some support. I put some plants on my roof terrace in the summer and they were generally doing OK, but as winter has progressed some have died completely and others seem to be halfway there. I'd really appreciate any help you could give me - I think the hydrangea and the one I don't know the name of (pic 1) are being chomped on by something... and the wisteria and little conifer thing and the rosemary have maybe gone a bit dried up despite the constant rain...? I do have some miraclegro stuff (blue powder that you dissolve in water) but as they've all been so drenched lately I didn't want to deluge them further by giving them that too.

Thumbnail by photosynthesize Thumbnail by photosynthesize
Calgary, AB(Zone 3b)

Your climate is notorious for excess wet during the winter months... and assuming you are in the area getting the unusually high rainfall, it may be even worse this year than usual. It's much more likely that your plants are suffering from that than from being too dry. Do the planters have drain holes? Other than that, can you move them under a shelter to keep the rain off of them (and then water them as needed)?

brighton, United Kingdom

there isn't really anywhere to move them unfortunately. do they all look like they've had too much water then, even though the symptoms are different? the planters do have drain holes, yeah. is there anything I can do about the bugs eating them?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.