Posts disappearing in Preview

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

My first attempt at posting a new thread here on Test Forum disappeared in Preview! Better luck this time as I am editing my post and then clicking on the only option to Update Preview. Will c and p this message

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It is just a circus to get a new thread started. I opened 3 DG in order to start a thread & link it to an existing thread. You will lose a couple posts as you go around.
These clowns must have went to school at a very poor collage to be so inapt at programming. I can do a better job & never had schooling. I make all my own web sites & the programs for my cabinet business. Cut sheets, estimates, billing & plans. Do the same for my gardening business.

Now when I posted this, I had to hit watch in upper left hand corner. Otherwise I would have never known when someone answered. How dumb is that!

This message was edited Dec 14, 2015 6:06 PM

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Second attempt to post new thread, when I got to Preview I edited my post and clicked on Update preview and then on Post new Thread. I landed on the Test Forumbut my new thread didn't show until I browser refreshed. c and p just in case

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Okay, that worked so test two with a long post consisting of three c and ps of my first post!

One
Second attempt to post new thread, when I got to Preview I edited my post and clicked on Update preview and then on Post new Thread. I landed on the Test Forum but my new thread didn't show until I browser refreshed. c and p just in case
Two
Second attempt to post new thread, when I got to Preview I edited my post and clicked on Update preview and then on Post new Thread. I landed on the Test Forum but my new thread didn't show until I browser refreshed. c and p just in case

Three
Second attempt to post new thread, when I got to Preview I edited my post and clicked on Update preview and then on Post new Thread. I landed on the Test Forumbut my new thread didn't show until I browser refreshed. c and p just in case

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from coleup :

Third test is posting with a quote of my first post. My options with the quote seem to be to post a reply which I assume would consist of just the quote or to Edit my message. If I edit my message my options are Update preview or Post Reply

First I will c and p and then try Post a reply

Seems long post worked properly

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from coleup :
Quote from coleup :

Third test is posting with a quote of my first post. My options with the quote seem to be to post a reply which I assume would consist of just the quote or to Edit my message. If I edit my message my options are Update preview or Post Reply

First I will c and p and then try Post a reply

Seems long post worked properly

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

So quotes can be quoted without any message. Interesting

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Now I will try a post with bolding, I mean Bolding as that was part of one of my posts that went awol.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

the original quote and message disappeared after I hit Post reply and now I have the option to Update or post, I will update

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Nothing here in Preview box of original message.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Maybee it is the number of"quotes" that 'can't be 'quoted' along with certain dark letters

Casa Grande, AZ

I can't get squat posted.! I respond to a thread. Hit preview. Hit post. It looks like it posts. When I check back a few minutes later to see who responded IT ISN'T THERE. My post isn't there. I tried 2xs in one night and 2xs today. Still can't. e.mailed ad min. Still waiting for an answer.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

The image “http://pics.davesgarden.com/pics/2015/12/15/Tuckersmom/8f0ff4.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Joined June 22'13. Surprised about the "fixes" That's fine I'm sure haven't-It's okay by me.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

To those having the same problem with disappearing posts since update here is what Terry in Admin posted today

Terry Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a) 1h ago

Dec 15, 2015

I think the problem with the disappearing posts is related to an elusive character set on some keyboards. For those of you who have this issue, can you help us test it?

What key are you using to create an apostrophe or double quote mark? Most of us use the key to the right of the L on traditional "QWERTY" keyboard.

Are you by any chance using the little mark to the left of the 1 & ! on your keyboard?

Or is there a chance you have a modified keyboard that does true single/double quote marks - the ones that are slightly rounded with the small curlicues as a flourish, rather than the straight up/down ' and " ?

This has long been an issue, and the reason we've wrestled with it is related to the security of the site, and some safeguards in place to stop a hacker from placing a virus in their post. (Beyond that, I can't give you a more technical reason, but in a nutshell, that's why we've had problems with backslashes and disappearing posts in the past, as the system is "stripping" out anything it perceives as a potential snippet of code.) The solution may be to loosen up and allow more characters, but in the meantime, if we can pinpoint exactly which characters are causing this issue, that will help you, because you can try to avoid them, and help the techs know which one(s) are causing problems.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1411330/?page=2

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Testing again. Part of message that wouldnt post

Don't know if this is a 'bug or 'tweak' or just me, but most of the posts are double with the option of 'Read more' or "Read less' both appearing

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

And again with the bolding which I will add in edit bbox

Don't know if this is a 'bug or 'tweak' or just me, but most of the posts are double with the option of 'Read more' or "Read less' both appearing

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Don't know if this is a 'bug or 'tweak' or just me, but most of the posts are

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Interesting, it only sent the part of my message upto the bold word double

Trying again

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

one more

Trying again with bold in original message rather than edited in or updated Preview

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from coleup :
one more

Trying again with bold in original message rather than edited in or updated Preview

Seeing if I can quote my post

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

this is what my post above looked like in the edit message box before sending

Quote from coleup :
one more

In the edit message box there are the following after each single apostrophes instead of the apostrophy quote symbol. They are ' How will it post out

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Ala Tuckersmom will try a post with a hyphen-to see if it will post

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Well a hyphen worked for me - so now I will try a double quote to see if it "triggers" a disappearance.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Don\'t know if this is a 'bug or 'tweak' or just me, but most of the posts are double with the option of 'Read more' or "Read less both appearing

Terry Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a) 7h ago

Dec 12, 2015
Quote from Anna_Z :

I wish you would bring back the \"back to the home page\" that was at the bottom between the last post and where I could type in a post.

Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded which is something we can fix are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each thread...
Read Less

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Don\'t know if this is a \'bug or \'tweak\' or just me, but most of the posts are double with the option of \'Read more\' or \"Read less\' both appearing

Dec 12, 2015
Quote from Anna_Z :

I wish you would bring back the \"back to the home page\" that was at the bottom between the last post and where I could type in a post.

Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each thread.
Read Less

Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each t…Read More

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Don\'t know if this is a \'bug or \'tweak\' or just me, but most of the posts are double with the option of \'Read more\' or \"Read less\' both appearing

Dec 12, 2015
Quote from Anna_Z :

Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each thread.
Read Less

Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each t…Read More

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Removing all the hyphens test did not allow posting and no message in box.
Now I will delete the slashes preceeding quote marks in the beginning text that I typed. Still no go so I will delete all quote marks from Terry quote of Anna but leave mine and Terry marks there. Nope, so now Terry quote marks will go. Again nope so mine will be eliminated also. Nope.

Not sure what to eliminate next but will delete Read more and Read less c and p buttons Nothing.

I could delete Terrys quote of Anna leaving Terrys info or just Terrys info next Will do both. Ugh out with the t and three dots.

Don\'t know if this is a bug or tweak or just me, but most of the posts are double with the option of Read more or Read less both appearing

Anna, along the side of each thread and the color is a little faded which is something we can fix are Back to top links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each thread.
Anna, along the side of each thread and the color is a little faded which is something we can fix are Back to top links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each

BINGO Message has finally appeared so will post and then test if entire message will post with just the removal of the t and three dots Hopeful

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Goodbye t and three dots

Bingo again.

Dec 12, 2015
Quote from Anna_Z :

Read Less

Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each Read More

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Now I will see if removing only one dot will let this post.. Unable to remove just one dot as it automatically deletes all three

Dec 12, 2015
Quote from Anna_Z :

Read Less
Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each tRead More

Hmmm when I try to delete only one dot it automatically deletes all three

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Will see if I can add in a dot or two after I delete all three

Dec 12, 2015
Quote from Anna_Z :

Read Less

Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each t..Read More

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

AHA Those three dots are not dots per se but represent letters that will come after t to make the word thread if the See More option is selected.

Does everyone see the See More and See less options in every post over a certain size?

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Here is a link to a Lost Post Workaround

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1411827/

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Post of Lost Post workaround
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1411827/

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from coleup :
Will see if I can add in a dot or two after I delete all three

Dec 12, 2015
Quote from Anna_Z :

Read Less

Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each t..Read More

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Wonder if t... typed from my keyboard will stop a post? Nope, so it must be the t... that represents 'thread' in my example. Will c and p that one here now from quoted version in post above

As I suspected, a quoted version will post so here is a c and p from non quoted, and it will not post.
Now I will see if removing the Read More Button will let it post Nope.
So I will remove just the t... that represents the word thread but leave the Read More button. Nope, looks like it has to be button and t,,,
Anna, along the side of each thread - and the color is a little faded - which is something we can fix - are \"Back to top\" links. Eventually those will probably be handier than having just one at the bottom of each

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

New c and p wouldn't post so I am copying it here in edit message page I got when I hit Post Reply in Preview even though message did not show in both places, Nothing is showing on top of this page to be previewed, it is gone, too,

Camellias can be rooted just from leaf cuttings you don't need a whole "stick".

These are directions from Carol Klein a well known English garden writer

"Cut a main stem back to just above a leaf or pair of leaves. Young wood makes the best cuttings, it is a far more vibrant colour than the old wood. Trim the top of your cutting just above a leaf but, making a cut that slopes away from it. Cut straight across the stem about 4 cm (1 3/4) below the leaf for the bottom of the cutting. Insert all the cuttings right up to the leaf. They will root from the buried stem and shoot from the embryonic bud."

That's all there is to it. Of course keep warm and moist as usual. Read Less

Camellias can be rooted just from leaf cuttings you don't need a whole "stick".

These are directions from Carol Klein a well known English garden writer

"Cut a main stem back to just above a leaf or pair o…Read More

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

I love anyone who has the courage and the heart to participate in animal rescues. It is …Read More

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

love anyone who has the courage and the heart to participate in animal rescues. It is …Read More

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1411643/#ixzz3ucrX66WD

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Nope, still not working as of today.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.