Homesteading, Merry Christmas

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Everything getting new around here, so new thread for Homesteading is in order.
Had a super year here. 2 big bins of potatoes on hand. Never had such a big crop.
Bell & hot peppers produced very good. Lots of pickling cukes. They sold very well.
Onions also good crop, but sold out fast. Maybe double amount next year.
Hopefully more people will join this thread.
Merry Christmas!

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Some years Onions in the Stores are Beautiful ,other years not so good ,
Here we have always enjoyed reading the Homesteading info
Congratulations CG on what looked like a very successful season ,
Hope you have many more to come , Merry Christmas to you and all also

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

So glad to know you have enjoyed a very productive season. I know you are already planning for Spring. It is how we gardeners manage to survive winter. LOL

I just finished requesting a good number of free seed catalogs on the net. That will give me new kindling for my gardening dreams for spring.

Thankyou for starting the new thread. I hope some of the lurkers will join in and post.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My lurking is as a wishful plan. When next I get to set toes in the soil, all this watching will get me to hustling to catch up. The chickens I want, won't survive the homestead, so it will be the ones that have adapted to location. As I will need to do.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I have been keeping busy with my garden plans and getting the beds ready for spring. I have been weeding, adding manure and rotted hay and finished compost. I need to add quite a few beds before spring because we will have a booth at the local farmers market. I am very excited about that. It is not a huge market. It has only been in existence for the last three years and has about 16 vendors counting crafters but it is growing. We got a $150,000 grant and we will be building a new pavilion for the market this year. It will be nice to be in out of the weather. I need to get my banner printed. We will be selling specialty vegetables that nobody else has been selling. I will have to work hard to get people to try new things. Folks around here are not very adventurous in their eating. I plan to come up with some simple recipes and make cards to to give with the veggies people buy. I also have to get a certificate to be able to give samples. I have sprouted some plants that are dwarfs and I will sell those in containers. Same with herbs. I have big plans. I just pray I can get it all done.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

My subscription will be up soon and I will not be renewing. I have enjoyed keeping up with you all over the years. This site used to be very busy but since it was sold it has gotten slow. If any of you would like to keep in touch with me I have two pages on facebook. My personal page is Cheryl Steve Byers and my farm page is Maranatha Farms. I would love to keep up with you all so I hope you will join me on facebook. I also still have my cubit, Cajun's Corner. I wish you all well.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I did not realize I could still use this forum without subscribing. A pleasant turn of events so I will keep che king in from time to time.

It has been raining here more often than not for a while and it has made getting the garden in rather difficult. What we did manage to get in is doing well.

We had to do our GAP training today for the market. Then in the afternoon we had a class on setting up our tables. It is a lot to take in but the veteran sellers say it gets easier. It is all exciting.

Richmond, TX

I commented that this site has become a ghost town, but apparently the administration deleted it. I expect there will be fewer renewals in the future.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I imagine so too. I came to the site tonight to post a prayer request but I can't find that forum. Does it not exist anymore or is it off limits to nonsubscribers?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.