Pine tree ID assistance

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Please help me ID this MN conifer.
Approximately 40-50 ft tall

Thumbnail by minnesippi
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

With no more information, I'd say that it is probably a Norway Spruce - Picea abies.

With a location; picture of the whole tree; and anything else about what its growing conditions are - I might change that opinion.

Norway Spruce are pretty common landscape plants around the northern half of eastern North America.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Yep, Norway Spruce.

Resin

PS Sorry for the delay in replying, the home page is saying no updates on the Trees Forum since 9 December???

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Thank you very much. I was going to go out and take another picture in its habitat, but frankly its too cold for me to go trompsing through the woods :)
I collected many pine cones and have several hundred seeds!

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Yah Resin, the DG update did not go smoothly. One bug they have not yet fixed is the notification of new postings on watched forums. It's been almost two weeks, but I assume it is on the "Do List". One by one, the bugs are being addressed.
I think they chose the proper time of year, as many folks are busy with other things.

Minnesippi-
There was Johnny Appleseed, will there be Minnesippi Piceaabesseed? ;-)

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

There may very well be. There was a cut your own tree farm on our property at one time. We've talked about getting it going again. Pumpkins too!

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from minnesippi :
I collected many pine cones and have several hundred seeds!

Well, no pine cones, but lots of spruce cones :-)

Resin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.