Winter chat

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

New room everyone. Fudge and wreath is made, and I still have roses blooming..

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice, Linda. Love homemade fudge.

I've done a little decorating but it was always my Mom and DH who liked to do that. With both of them gone, I'm not as motivated this year.

Mom made the "gumdrop" tree years ago, happgarden sent the Welcome sign to me in a swap several years ago, I have several twig wreaths that I rework every year.

Happy Holidays!

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Very pretty decorations. I love the tree, and I know it is an awesome memento for you.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

WELL, I SEE IMPROVEMENT ALREADY! and I am at work, sorry for the capslock.
Carole, cutest gum drop tree ever. I do not have any decorations up around the house yet, we do have a fall wreath still out. the nativity figurines look cherished. I love my older stuff, my kids not so much. Joanna is the one who is into Christmas, so when she was here for Thanks giving, she brought back the halloween decorations and packed up a ton of christmas stuff from the storage room downstairs. I don't know what I have and don't have yet. I DID locate my old large ceramic tree, will set that up as soon as I figure which plant is going to be moved to make room for it:P
LK, I love your Roses, so glad they are still blooming for you. Are you sending the fudge out? LOL

This message was edited Dec 11, 2015 10:01 AM

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I'm here if only in spirit. Having a partty tomorrow and am busier than a 1 armed paper hanger

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Wow this is updating while I am reading....up to the minute..lol

I love the wreaths everyone. Linda Kay is your wreath pinned on Styrofoam or ?
Yeah just mail us a couple of pieces of fudge...lol since DH has to watch carbs I don't do anything like that any more.

Cville, smart woman updating the wreaths. They are really pretty. Nativity is just what a nativity should look like.

I have odds and ends out decorating I have to get with it. I use to be so good and decorate all thanksgiving weekend but this year I was thrown off schedule and I can't get my self back together...lol

Went shopping this morning for a few things, geehz when they totaled it up I was glad I didn't go after alot.... ;(

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, happ. It's still so warm here that it doesn't seem like almost the middle of December.

Right now, I see about a dozen cardinals out back. They make the scene very Christmas-y with the bright red of the males. They are really enjoying the bird bath. :)

I'm still working around difficulties posting on the site. Somehow those of us using PCs got left in the dust as far as changes go.

Happy Friday!

The changes on DG are not just on the PC's. It is on tablets and smartphones too!

The wreath is folded fabric, glued to a styrofoam wreath. 6 inch squares fold 2 times, then gathered on the bottom. It took about 70 squares to this 10 inch wreath.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Too bad. It would be nice if something worked right.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Wow you miss a few days on here and they screw everything up while you are gone! I don't like it!
Been cleaning, hanging lights, Christmas shopping, getting ready for our family get together next Sunday which is at my house this year. You all have been busy while I was MIA.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Hey, all! Wow, lot of changes since I was here a long time ago!
seems to post okay though.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

They made a few changes back to the way some things were. Not all, but some.

Glad you found us Crystal. How are you doing?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I finally caught up with this forum and thread again. I don't know who's still here and who isn't. I just spent some time going through all 57 forums and threads that were stuck in place on my home page. They hadn't changed since Dec. 9.

Is anybody still here?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I think someone needs to start a new chat thread.

I am still here. This thread was started on the 11th. I can start a new one if you all want.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It doesn't matter to me. Only the old thread was showing up in my Thread Watcher list but I think I've gotten that problem resolved now although I still have things on my Home Page that shouldn't be there. I just hope everyone else is still with us on the thread.

For all new threads. you have to click on the watch at the top left. Just typing a post does not automatically add it to your watched threads any more.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I know. That wasn't my problem. The old Thread Watcher with 57 old threads that hadn't updated since the changes here was stuck on my Home Page. I had to go through all 57 threads one by one and delete them.

It doesn't seem like anyone else is posting anyway.

Linda, do you ever hear from Chris/Mud Elf?

This message was edited Dec 21, 2015 10:41 AM

Only on facebook once in awhile.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, it sounds like at least she's okay.

She is doing good.just busy getting the finishing touches done on her home.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I have not seen Kris in several weeks, but talked a couple times by phone. She is having the grands over a lot, I think, and working on the house also. Ralph has a new job. I understand it is a step up, and with another company.
Our killing frost was Dec 19th. I never remember it being so late. Now it is hot (70's) and raining for several days. I guess things will put out and then get killed back, cause it clearly ain't over yet.
Here is a pic of my back porch Xmas tree. It's leaning, but tied up so it won't fall. I was just not satisfied with the Norfolk in the house , so I cut one from the yard. Actually I had been grooming it for this purpose all year, cutting stuff back from it so it could get lots of light.
Well. no matter what I do, these pics come out sideways. I loaded first time and they were upright on my computer. It turned them sideways. So I loaded again and they are sideways again , only in the other direction. Can someone tell me what is wrong or contact an administrator?

Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Here you go. That's a nice tree, Crystal.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

This is a group of cyclamen I got off the dollar table at Lowe's. See if they are sideways...
Nope, this one was fine... go figure...

Thumbnail by goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Well, how did you do that, and why was it right side up on my computer and sideways when it loaded and posted?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't know why that happens. I copied the sideways photo, fixed the orientation on my computer and resubmitted it.

This message was edited Dec 24, 2015 8:48 AM

Beautiful tree, and cyclamen.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Thanx

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Merry Christmas, ya'll!

Morning everyone! I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Morning, Linda.

I hope everyone had a good holiday. We've been having rough weather in this part of the country. Thunderstorms and tornadoes. I understand Alabama got the worst of it. Crystal, are you okay?

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh found you all, you can run but can't hide...lol

Hope you all in the south missed all those horrible tornadoes and rain...so scary. Linda Kay I don't suppose you got any of the snow from western Texas did you? We had a ton of rain and wind. Might be icing by tomorrow morning. YUCK.

The last two years my baby sister and her DH has made me something and I love it. Last year they took a an old drawer added legs to it and a bottom shelf and painted it up for me to put plants in under the pergola, but it is so cute it ended up in my garden room... ;) This year she took a drawer, put chalk board paint inside and a piece of cork and hung cup hooks at the bottom for a memo board! It's going in the garden room also. Another really cute idea.

I am doing nothing but what I want today. On the third day of Christmas and I gave to me...lol

Lots of leftovers and yeah for my friend the microwave and paper plates... ;)

I got some foam flooring for my garden/studio room from Santa, so I am actually looking forward to cleaning..rofl...you will never hear me say that to often...lol I have a couple of projects I want to start and I want to get everything cleaned and comfortable.

Stay warm and safe.....

No snow here, but really windy and light rain. High today of 42 degrees. My son got home just in time, as the rain and snow was hitting his place. He lives in Amarillo, 8 hours north of me.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I hope everyone is still safe. We had some strong thunderstorms and downpours. The water was flowing through the back of our yard but it usually does that after a heavy rain. We're up a slight hill. No flooding here but I'm sure some of the houses in low areas didn't fare as well.

Sounds like your sister is very crafty, Joyce. You are going to have a garden room full of things one of these days. :)

Crystal still hasn't checked in here nor has Annette. She used to post here regularly.

Sounds like the weather is cold there, Linda. We still haven't had cold weather. A couple of nights below freezing but that's about it.

I see the daffodils are all up in the back yard. When the cold weather finally comes, I hope it doesn't ruin the blooms.

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

I am here, if a little soggy. We had over 10 inches of rain, but I do not live in a flood plain so we were okay. I got so sick of rain and being in the house that Christmas Eve I just went out and walked in the yard in the rain.
I got most of the Xmas decos put away and I am kind of glad it's over.
Here are some orchids I have blooming. Two Cymbidiums and a Cattleya

Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal Thumbnail by goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Please tell me why my photos all turn sideways when I post here

Carole, glad to hear you are not flooding. News reports are showing lots of damage from the rains.

Thanks for checking in Crystal, glad to hear you are safe from the floods. Your orchids are beautiful. A lot of people have their pictures turned sideways. I don't know why it happens.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I lose this thread from time to time.

10 inches of rain, Crystal! Oh my goodness. That's a heck of a lot of rain!

I'm not sure why some photos are correct and some turned sideways either. I wish they'd figure that out because I think it's very frustrating for some people.

My Papilio Amaryllis has been blooming. I thought I had posted pictures but I see I didn't.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Carol, that is beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.