My Paphiopedilum 'St. Swithin' is in Bloom !

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

Finally, after 2-years, my Paphiopedilum 'St. Swithin' has bloomed. I am delighted with the flowers and hope you enjoy them too!

Thumbnail by NJIrisGuy Thumbnail by NJIrisGuy Thumbnail by NJIrisGuy Thumbnail by NJIrisGuy
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

ooh, that is quite exotic looking! What a striking beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Reno, NV(Zone 6b)

Oh my gosh, that is GORGEOUS!

Menasha, WI

Beautiful!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

This orchid, well grown, is always a show stopper. Nice growing! I have no multiflorals but have several singles, one awarded, coming into bloom. Do you grow Phrags as well?

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

I used to grow many more orchids than I have now. Today I only have 3. They are all Multifloral Paphs - I tried growing Phrags, but was unsuccessful, and none of them ever bloomed for me. I am happy with the Paphs I have. The others are Paph Berenice, and another compact Multifloral Paph who's name escapes me at the moment.

Oh, Berenice is very old and also beautiful.

I have a re-do of another old one, Paph. Petula (P. maudiae x P. wardii). It is opening now but not quite there. What makes mine different is both species parents are album forms so the flowers are pure white and green...no pink).

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

To me, Green & White Paphs are one of the loveliest sights to behold! I used to have two of them and when they were in bloom, I was in awe at the sheer beauty of them.

Paph. Petula was originally registered in 1943 by McBeans Orchids, Lewes, East Sussex. A grower friend who does not care for Paphs offered me three seedlings from a cross made by a friend of his. I sold two of the originals and divided this one once for sale. The division won an AM/AOS about five years ago. There should be another bloom later in the season from a less developed offset. Enjoy!

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Stunning! Well done

Thanks! Been a while since I posted photos. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.