Plants in for the winter

Fort Worth, TX

The greenhouse is still a mess, I can't find the 3 way that lets me hook up more lights, but most of what I wanted in got in. I will be setting up a mini greenhouse in an aquarium indoors with t-5's for winter vegetables. Joan, this is the INSIDE of my greenhouse as of last night.

vitex and ajuga have been filtering the water for the fish, that vitex is getting too big for its tray, trying to root some tomato cuttings in the expanded shale on the tray as of Saturday night too. Don't know if they will take off.

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

The basil was bitten by frost the morning I got home, but we don't bring plants in. I figure your area got a harder frost than our light one.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I brought mine in last weekend and have just left them. Supposed to have really cool, wet weather this weekend. Now I just have to remember to go out and water them so they don't die.

Fort Worth, TX

I had a moderately hard freeze. Peppermint, chard and broccoli, bok choy and cabbage are all fine. Understory plants had some damage so I think we got to 27. basil and tomatoes I left out all died, as did the sweet potato vines. It was time. I didn't get potatoes dug for dinner today, after the rain stops I will.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.