Thanksgiving cactus cuttings wanted

Ocean Springs, MS

I'm looking for Thanksgiving cactus cuttings. The leaves are rounded as seen in the picture and the flowers are orangey-pink, tubular, and not "double" like modern hybrids. I can trade some red or white Christmas cactus cuttings. Thanks for your help! My grandmother had a Thanksgiving cactus and I'm rather nostalgic about getting some cuttings!
Picture courtesy of MissionVao

Thumbnail by froggies_girl
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Look up Rhipsalidopsis gaertnerii aka easter cactus - I think that's what you have in your picture. Walmart carries this plant in red, orange, white, pink and purple around easter - cost is around $4 each.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, Kayjones. I do have an Easter cactus. I thought this was a Thanksgiving cactus, but I guess I was mistaken.

Watch the time it blooms - one blooms near t.g. or Christmas, the other near Easter - that will tell you which one it is. The leaves on each type is very different, too.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

JULIE, I HAVE 4 THAT ARE BLOOMING NOW. DON'T KNOW IF IT'S WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I have 1 blooming now but it looks like it will e pink Would you be interested in sending e a cutting of the white for postage? I have red. Thanks, Kathy

Here is a site that should help you distinguish which type of holiday cactus you have:

http://thecitrusguy.blogspot.com/2010/11/christmas-thanksgiving-or-easter.html

Ocean Springs, MS

Still looking for the old-fashioned Christmas cactus/Thanksgiving cactus. Thanks, Julie

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

julie,do you wamt some of what i have?

Ocean Springs, MS

Yes, JKJ, I would. Do you want me to reimburse you for postage? Thanks, Julie

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

nope, i'll try to get them out tomorry

Ocean Springs, MS

Thanks, JKJ! I owe ya! ♥

Ocean Springs, MS

Got your package today, JKJ! Thanks so much! ☺

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

YOU'RE WELCOME JULIE

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.