CLOSED: Cornutia grandifolia seeds? Florida, Calif gardeners? or ?

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

Greetings! I am looking for viable Cornutia grandifolia seeds and this is what i propose:

You send me at least 5 fresh Cornutia grandifolia seeds well-packaged (i.e. bubble wrap) via USPS International mail to my address in Mexico. Shipping of seeds from the US to Mexico is perfectly legal for personal garden use. If the USPS wants to know what is in your package you may say "garden seeds for personal use" or just "seeds". I have been doing this for 8 years and have never had a problem. Registered or Not Registered is your preference. The mail service to Colima is excellent and sending Registered slows up the delivery date. But you can decide about the Registered v. Non Registered, it is all the same to me.

Here is what i propose to do for you...You look online for something you would like in exchange i.e., a plant, seeds, other garden products. Let me know what you want in exchange (that you deem a reasonable exchange plus or minus) , give me your address, and i will purchase them with my US credit card to be sent directly to you. I do not purchase items from eBay or Amazon.

What do you think?

I've not been able to collect seeds this year due to a major restructuring of the garden, so i have very little of interest at the moment. In addition, not many people like to wait the month it might take for the seeds from Mexico to arrive although they always have arrived eventually.

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Vitrsna, I'd be willing to buy and ship you seeds if you find the source and pay for shipping and handling when all is said and done. Do you have a Paypal account?

Colima, Mexico(Zone 11)

Thank you Robin! I appreciate your offer. I have found 2 sources that both ship internationally, one in California and one in Germany. The seed seller in California has not responded to the question i asked of them so i am assuming they are not too interested to sell their seeds at this time. I have ordered from the seed seller in Germany a very few times, but none of the seeds i bought from them ever germinated. All together, i do not have much confidence in either of these seed seller sources although i could order directly from either one. In addition, i do not have a PayPal account. I could send a check but that would take a month. That's why i suggested a trade in the way i suggested. Thank you for this option though :-D

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.