Backing up Photos for storage... having extremely bad luck

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

I have had three hard drives (in a period of 10 years) crash on me, and I keep losing thousands of irreplaceable photos. After the first crash I had Crash Plan, an online back up company recommended to me by someone who obviously did not know better, and when the second external hard drive crashed, I discovered that was the one thing Crash Plan neglected to back up... so I had to send the drive to Seagate (do NOT recommend their hard drives!!)... cost me $500 and got back a little less than 1/4 of my photos. So I stupidly gave Crash Plan another try and had they back up my replacement hard drive (also a Seagate since they said my first was still under warranty)... that one barely lasted over two years and now it, too, has crashed. And to my amazement, Crash Plan AGAIN failed to back up that external hard drive despite reassurances earlier it was being done. So now do I pay Seagate another $500 (this external hard drive is NOT under warranty since I did not pay for it)... and IF they manage to get back some of the data... what else is there to do? I certainly cannot trust Crash Plan... anyone have any better suggestions, companies they TRUST? This time I bought a replacement solid state hard drive with no moving parts in the hopes it will be less likely to crash.. only I have no photos to put on it yet since they are all potentially gone.

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!