2015 christmas swap... Let's unwrap the goodies

Ocean Springs, MS

Merry Christmas! We came from here! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1407774/

Fine print…..

If you have not participated in a swap I’ve moderated, prior to posting, please D-mail your name, mailing address, phone number and email address for my log.

All participants need to ensure their subscription is paid through January 31, 2015.

Reveal your Secret Santa when you receive your package. All packages need to be Priority Mailed or parcel post mailed with a Delivery Confirmation number no later than December 4th. If mailing late, please ship priority and let me know. If you’re mailing breakables, wrap them well in bubble wrap and insure the contents.
The value of the Gifts you send should be around $20, excluding Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation Number. Keep your receipt handy and D-mail the number you use to me. To ensure privacy, please do not post tracking numbers directly on our threads.

This message was edited Nov 10, 2015 8:33 AM

Ocean Springs, MS

Reserved for participants with list of likes/dislikes

Froggies_girl (Julie)- received from Patti

Linda Kay- received from Kathy

Happgarden (Joyce)-Received from Debra

Katgroves (Kathy)- received from Linda Kay

Joeswife (Debra)- Joyce (Happgarden) will deliver

Jax - Received from Julie

Tuckersmom (Patti)-Received from susie

Deejay (Susie)- received from Jax

This message was edited Dec 11, 2015 10:00 PM

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Congrats to your son for doing so well.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh congratulations. He is very lucky to have a Mom like you.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

can anyone here tell me the name of this plant I Know its a annual but it is so pretty I had to bring it in . it gets little red flowers on it . Its like a succulent of sorts . maybe i should post it on Plant ID , but you gals are so smart :)
I Know it roots very easy just from a cutting :)
GN all

Thumbnail by deejay9
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

It's in the iceplant /sedum family, can't remember exactly now.. it is very pretty.
Been working on side trades, about ready to get last two sent out, found some C A N D Y for my buddy today at Barneys. LOL I am very happy about your son, Julie. And, proud you should be!

Ocean Springs, MS

Yes, I am very proud of him!

I won't be able to do any more shopping until next week! Boo! But I'm coming up with a good list! Yay!

Ocean Springs, MS

Continued prayers for Kathy! ♥

I guess everyone has been busy shopping! LOL
Plan to do a little shopping myself tomorrow. Have pottery class then 2 hours to kill while I'm in town, so I'll be going by a few stores!

Having my pelvic ultrasound tomorrow and a mammogram (routine). Please say a little prayer for me!

No one has given the correct answer yet about my favorite Christmas movie! Any takers?

charlie browns christmas carol? rudolph the rednose reindeer christmas special ? home alone? LOL

Miracal on 34th st & Ty debra Think I will try on the plant id & see if anyone can narrow it down for me so i will know more of how to over winter it :)

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

...An affair to remember?

Ocean Springs, MS

This message was edited Nov 12, 2015 6:50 PM

Ocean Springs, MS

Debra, you got it with Home Alone! I love that movie! ♥

Jax, I haven't had an affair to remember since 2011 ! And he turned out to be a jerk, so I'd rather forget it! LOL

LOL Julie, I'm glad u are not with a jerk now. ":D
Oh Crystal, I wish I could send you my empty egg cartons right now..love your chickens!

Ocean Springs, MS

Yay for me! I won second place in one of the photo contest categories! I don't know which one because I can't find a link to the winner!

Congratulations.

congrats, Julie! :D

Oh Congratulations!

where are the links to the contest?

I can't find it?

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2015-photo-contest/

Here it is.

Scroll down, then click on each entry, it shows the winners.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, everyone!

Thanks, Linda Kay. I actually won 2nd place in 2 categories. I was tied in one category, so I guess admin decided the winner. But I am thankful for winning! Going to be taking more pics for next year's contest! ☺

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Congrats, I luv ya!

Ocean Springs, MS

I love you, too, Jax! I really needed that right now! ♥

oh Julie, that is really great! I am anxious to see the calendar this year.

Ocean Springs, MS

My picture won't be in the calendar since I won 2nd place. But I'm excited just to know I am getting closer to 1st! LOL

Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning. Let's do some chatting about Thanksgiving! Post your plans, past memories, recipes, etc.

When I was young, my mom would cook dinner and we would eat about noon. The table was always full, regardless of our circumstances. After dinner, we would visit my grandmother. She always had lightbread biscuits and Apple jelly for us! Melt in your mouth biscuits! Wish I would have learned to make them! To me, her biscuits were better than any pie on the table! ❤

So, what's your story?

We always had a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner, and Grandparents were always with us.
One thing Mom always made was mincemeat pies, and I never did like them. I prefer pecan pie.

Thanksgiving was always great when my grandma and great Aunt Effie were still with us. Goose, chicken and dumplings, creamed corn, pumpkin pie. thru the years we became the home everyone came to.. we always got a smoked turkey from John Jett BBQ and Joe and Charlie would go get that while I readied the ham, stuffing, greenbeans and other goodies, everyone would bring something new and we had 23 people. Those numbers dwindled , and now we are down to us going over to Joe's brothers place, just 6 of us now. I still make pumpkin pie and pecan pie, and this is the first year we are not getting a smoked turkey as John Jett retired last year. My favorite memory is of my sister , she always had a piece of every kind of dessert on one plate after three plates of food. She did love her holiday meals when she was here. I miss her.

My Folks Ran an adult Foster care Home 8-10 Patients & So it was Nothing to have Them & a few of their Family Members along with 7 of us Kids with all the Kids & Grand kids so to walk in & Have 30-40 People Mom I & sisters Baking 3-4 Turkeys, 2 Hams & All the other fixings was a great time No one went Hungry All Out Family Ate in the Basement rec room while all the Residents & their family or friends were in the Main Dinning room . Oh what I Would give to get back to those days :) .

LK Have you ever tried a
OATMEAL PIE ??
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c Lt or dk corn syrup
3/4 c quick oats
1/2 c coconut
1/2 c butter
2 Eggs well beaten
Mix all ing tog, pour in unbaked pie shell.
I Add Pecans on the top of the pie &
Bake for 45-50 Mins @ 350*
Taste like pecan MMMMMM Good

I have never heard of that Susie. It sounds good.

it is very good you will no longer have to make pecan pie

HO HO HO SANTA"S Sleigh Is flying TONIGHT :)

Susie, are you having an early Christmas?

something like that :))))

HMM.. I HAFTA TRY THAT ONE, IT SOUNDS EASY PEASY!

Ocean Springs, MS

I love your stories! Debra, I'm sorry about your sister. ♥

Susie, your recipe sounds delicious. We always had sweet potato pie, cherry pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, and mincemeat pie. I don't like sweet potato pie or mincemeat pie! Moma started a tradition with us when we were little. Since she was already cooking when we woke up. she would let us have pie for breakfast while we watched the parades. I carried that tradition on with my kids even though I cook later in the day. The kids always loved it because they thought it was the best to have pie for breakfast. ☺

Oh my, I love pie, anytime in fact! I never liked mincemeat either, but we ate everything out of respect and I learned to tolerate it if it had lots of whipped cream. my kids eat all I and Joe make, cuz we cook what they like LOL

a new tradition was started about 30 years ago, it was called Watergate salad, but now that the maker is gone, ( Grandma Pauline) no one has tried to make it, except me, and I didn't know you weren't supposed to mix the pistachio pudding up with milk and no one had the heart to tell me it wasn't like Pauline's until my sister came up one year and told me it wasn't "right" LOL
So, I found out how to make it, I will make this year to take over to Tom and Dana's my son loves it when it is made right. I and Dana are the only ones who eat cranberry anything, so I always try to bring the canned cranberry stuff, but man, Pauline sure made a heck of a cranberry salad, but I never got the recipe.

Ever told someone that you liked something they made...lol...I did I told my other sister one year the fresh cranberries she brought were good...., now they aren't horrible, just pretty sour, and I am use to the canned ones. But every year she makes them just for me cause no one else likes them. I think it is so sweet she does it just for me, so every year I eat them...lol

I Love that, you are the best sister ever. :D yes, I am still awake. It's kinda cold, I don't have my robe on and these jammies are just not quite getting it..I have been playing in the basement all night , well, wait, I have also been working on a CRAFT! LOL
I thought Joe was going to fall over when he saw me with paints and stuff instead of seeds and messes from chaf everywhere, I always act like I watched the game. ( while doing something in my recliner, and my TV tray. ) He is so funny.
here is my candy corn bloom.. my silly moon snail.. and my pet turtles, Gamera and Lil Bit ..
I miss having a dog. We are babysitting Oreo next week. I am so excited. He is in the yard behind us, and he is a black and white Corgy, so sweet. We are excited to have a dog in the house again.. okay, I'm going to bed.. good night .

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.