Help with Printer: Can't be found wirelessly

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I have a Brother MFC J470DW that I purchased last year [we are gone 6 months out of the yr, so it's really only been used a few months]

It has always worked flawlessly, hardwired to my tower and wirelessly on 2 laptops. Last week we had a power failure and since then, I can not "find" it within the network.

I"ve tried everything.... Uninstalling all the software, factory resetting the printer, connecting it directly to the router [so I knew the IP and that it was actually "there"] attempting to connect as AD-hoc ... I've even downloaded a Brother "network repair" software and even it said it can not be found within the network.

I was finally able to Add a Printer by having it hard wired... but I've exhausted everything I can think of for getting this hooked up.

I do not recall any issues when I set it up last year.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Also, after that power failure, it does seem our router reset too... our usual SSID was gone and it seemed it went back to factory settings. Took my DH days to get our wifi cameras hooked back up ... for those, it seems the port forwarding was messed up. [I honestly know nothing about that, but do not know if that means anything to anyone else.]

I'd love to get it set up wirelessly again, for the convenience of it... but I'm resigned to be hardwired [will only cause issues for DH.

Tower and 1 Laptop is Win7
1 laptop is Win10

Thanks in advance,

Terese

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!