ROBIN # 2 Spring Time

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

For ROBIN # 2 SIGN UP HERE

You MUST BE A Paid UP Member Of Dave's Garden

This Robin will Be going to The ONES That were NOT In ROBIN #1
SO that you can Please add your seeds for the others to enjoy .

Same Guidelines as the 1 st robin

1. POST Here When You Get the Robin & When you are Mailing it out to the Next home on the List .

2. No Longer then 3 days EXCEPT For The HOLIDAYS

3. NO HAND MADE PAPER Packets / Clear Plastic only YOUR Name or DG Name ON THEM PLEASE mark if they are from a trade or from your gardens ,

I will Not Operate a Sloopy Seed Robin . anyone Using Paper packets or running markers will not be Let in any future Robins .
Please PRINT Clearly Or Print your labels for your seeds.

ROBIN IN FLIGHT FEB 10 TH

OH KATGROVE ----AR 2/12 ---FT 2/19
PA OBLIQUE--AR --2/22 ----FT 2/22
MA VAL-----AR 2/24--- FT -- 2/25
NH ALIKAT --AR 2/26---FT
MD 22MAMA
KY NANNY22
TX STILLPLAYWDIRT
MI HOME TO SUSIE

HAVE OR WANT LIST POSTED HERE
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1405861/

FALL ROBIN SIGN UP LINK
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1405444/
FALL ROBIN IN FLIGHT
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1408216/

This message was edited Feb 27, 2016 8:09 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Pittsburgh, PA

Please add me to the second time around.

Thanks!!

Judy

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Hey Susie, please add me to round #2 also. Thanks for your effort and time.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Is this for a new smaller Robin or the 2nd trip around for the existing Robin?

second round robin I have to clean the other seeds this weekend & will send them out this next week.
welcome ladies I have ya on the list .

Quote from deejay9 :
SO that you can Please add your seeds for the others to enjoy .

Oh my gosh, I'm confused now...

what has you confused ? robin one is in flight when it comes home I will
make sure all are packaged ok add the new addresses & flight path & send it on its way back out , hope this will help :)

Okay Susie, I'll try to be good.

Starting now!

I don't want to confuse anyone even though i msybe confused :) 85% of my time :)

Lol, it may be a bigger club than I thought. If I weren't confused, i'd know for sure.

Natick, MA

Susie,

I'm confused too. This says Spring Robin....#2. Did you mean Fall #2?
I signed up for the 2nd go around of the current robin that is in flight, as I'm at the top of the list and would like to have access of taking some seeds from the other members who will add seeds as they get it.

I know you said your garden club gave you a bunch of new seed and suggested another robin, but I'm not sure I want to participate in another (that would be 3 boxes for me). And If it IS going around in the spring, I'd reserve the right to decide once I finish my swaps/robins this fall :)

I would probably participate because I'm hopelessly attracted to more seeds! HA HA!
But I think I understand the confusion here.

Let us know how you're handling things - and THANK YOU!
val

Fort Worth, TX

If this Robin is flying in March I think I would like to wait, watch and learn for a fall one next year. (March I work 7 days a week 12 hours a day and not a good time for any leisure activities.) Thank you for the link DeeJay. I did not understand what this was, and at the moment still don't entirely understand, but March is the wrong month for me.

THIS IS THE FALL ROBIN # 2 Oops sorry for caps :)
it will be almost spring & Planting time for the most of you when # 2 robin is about to fly :)

as for My GC Friends Seeds I have them ready to go out Monday also with all the aster seeds + sending to KAt she will have By Weds along with the Robin that is Resting at MIDWESTFARMWIFE /Mary For the weekend . she is going to put them into the robin for anyone who wants to try them .
Hope I have cleared this up for ya Val :)

Gypsi : there is lots of time so if you decide that you can Join the next robin Just let us Know .

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

If I understand this, which is always questionable, the seeds you got from your garden club friend will be catching up with and added to the Robin that is currently in process. Is that right?

Natick, MA

Susie,
I dont know if you want to just close this thread and start over. You might not get any further signups (if that's what you're looking for) since the heading says "Spring".

Also, you say
SO that you can Please add your seeds for the others to enjoy

But the listed participants (myself included) are all from Robin #1, going around a second time. So I'm still a little confused.

val I have had emails from others who wanted to join the fall ROBIN AFER I Closed it . ,I Felt it unfair to the rest of you because of the game as to when the robin will land back home so that I can add the new addresses for the new players & The flight path . & Since there were new players it would bebest to send the robin to them 1st so they could add there seeds for the rest of you & Not just take seeds from those who put in .

so I told them they could join the second time around robin if they wanted .
there are a couple who have not been back on to sign up yet .
I opened this NOT for the purpose of getting More players just seem i was getting more & More wanting to be in the fall that had started then ask to be in the 2nd Round .

My mind is not as clear as it use to be & VERY FORGET ful so this is my way of trying to keep track .

yes patti I will send my new box out monday & mary is sending on monday mine will be at kat;s by weds so she can add them to the robin .

so there will only be one fall robin . & Hope it will be home & REPACKED BY FEB 27th & I can get it back in the air By March 1 st .
If all goes well & No bumps in the path :)

I'm sorry for the wording robin #2 spring but there is no way to change it now .

Thank you for the clarification, Susie. I can't believe I got it right. LOL

Natick, MA

Holy cow, susie....
I'm a little daft because spring seems so far away, but as u spelled out the 2nd round won't begin til the first round returns and that will be Feb sometime.....so the 2nd round IS actually a spring robin. My apologied, I wasn't thinking apparently!!! So sorry about that!

that ok val when we have not even had winter its hard to think about spring but for many March & april is spring time :)

i have a cat trying to get my loven so signing off for the night its play time for him .

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Count me in for this second round please!

(Marta) Frederick, MD

Out of curiosity, how much does it cost to send the robin to the next player?

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Marta, if memory serves me correctly.. last year it was going around in a medium flat rate box via USPS and those are 12-13 bucks to ship.

Natick, MA

If you all go on line usps.com, you can order Regional Boxes: B is equal to a med flat rate box and the concept is that if you are shipping relatively close to you (ie Mass. to PA vs. Mass to Calif) the rate is substantially lower. IE I can send a Regional box B to Penn for approx 8.60 vs. 12.65. But you cant get these regional boxes in the PO..have to order on line..might be one of the PO's best kept secret :)

ty for info val

Natick, MA

Just one more thing about the Regional Boxes: IF you are sending across country or farther away, it can cost you MORE to send via regional box, so go to USPS and "calculate a price", choose package and check the priority mail options.

I order and keep regional boxes on hand as they are great for trading plants, etc! :o)

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Val thank you so much, I will start using the regional boxes! I used a flat rate box to send something within state recently, the guy said it would have been cheaper to just use a regular box, he did not tell me about the official regional boxes.

Greensburg, PA

Ordered my regionals! Thanks for the tip, Val! :-) -Kel

Natick, MA

My pleasure! !

Great Falls, VA(Zone 6b)

Please add me to the 2nd Robin -- no paper only clear plastic bags (?); labeled with name, seed name, where from (garden or swap), 3 days and out the door. Did I miss anything?

THANKS! and Happy Thanksgiving!

that about covers it rae :) I will add you r name tomorrow .
welcome to the Group. you can make a wish list if you like .

HAVE OR WANT LIST POSTED HERE
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1405861/

Welcome Raeben, Happy Thanksgiving to you also!

Greensburg, PA

Welcome to the fun, Rae! :-) -Kel

Ocean Springs, MS

Sign me up for this one, please! Thanks

Gotcha Julie

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Sign me up DJ, please.

Greensburg, PA

Susie, I'm thinking I should not be in round 2 because, being new to this, I didn't have a lot of seeds of my own to share and what I did have, I put all in the first round box before shipping it on.

Also, I now have so many seeds from the first robin, I'd like to focus just upon these, again because its all so new! But, I am still going to watch this thread just to read about all the fun! :-)

Kelley

that ok kelley we do understand & Still lots of time & if you want to join back in later Please do so .

You will not have to add any more to the robin the same goes to the rest who were in the 1st robin .

However those who are new that sign up for the2 nd robin we hope that you can donate a few types you might have to share with others .

Have you Notice that you cn NO LONGER Click on a persons name to send them an dmail ???

Just one of many things that got screwed up with this "improvement". I think they're working on trying to get certain things reinstated though. It certainly is convenient to be able to click on someone's name in order to send them a d-mail.

yes they are working on that

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.