Adding other common names

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

I've tried to look up plants that I know are in the Plant Files, but have been unsuccessful. It often ends up is that the reason I've used a different common name. Sometimes it's as simple as the one listed is one word , ex. Moonflower, and I looked up Moon Flower Vine.
Is there a way to add another common name?
Thank you!
Barb

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Anytime you notice we need another common name added, you will find a "report an error" button to the left of the plant's entry. Click on that link and let us know what needs to be added or corrected.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Are the common names in alphabetical order yet?

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from 1lisac :
Are the common names in alphabetical order yet?

They shouldn't necessarily be - for example if the official standard English name starts with a later letter than a rarely-used archaic folk name. The official name should be first.

Resin

I just want it to be like it used to be. I'm talking mostly about tomatoes and peppers, where the variety is the common name. Now I have to google the common name which takes me to the DG link. Last time I looked there was no way to look up anything alphabetically.

Quote from 1lisac :
I just want it to be like it used to be. I'm talking mostly about tomatoes and peppers, where the variety is the common name. Now I have to google the common name which takes me to the DG link. Last time I looked there was no way to look up anything alphabetically.

Cultivar name isn't the common name. But yes, you can sort all tomatoes or any other "popular plant" category by common or cultivar name.

I was wondering if they could be found alphabetically but I answered my own question. Lol I had never scrolled down and seen that the search could be narrowed to the first letter. I think that has been this missing link....I don't know how long it's been there but that's what Ive been looking for. No more googling for me!

Quote from 1lisac :
I was wondering if they could be found alphabetically but I answered my own question. Lol I had never scrolled down and seen that the search could be narrowed to the first letter. I think that has been this missing link....I don't know how long it's been there but that's what Ive been looking for. No more googling for me!

Yes, that was something the techs corrected a while back. Glad you rediscovered it - it's definitely handy!

Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

Thank you for that information. I'll use that.
Barb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images