CLOSED: 2015 November Birthday card swap

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

The DG birthday card club is a way to ensure a special day.

We welcome new members to the birthday thread. Our delightful obligation is to send a card to each birthday club member when his/her birthday occurs.

It's best to receive a pile of cards on or before your birthday so we do our best to send each card in a timely manner. This makes the card more meaningful to the recipient and to the sender. We don't have to send expensive or elaborate cards. We can make one or pick up one at nearly any store these days, or buy a whole box of cards at once and be prepared for the whole year!

It's a wonderful experience to receive cards in the mail.

Current Birthday Club Members:

Jokenna / Tina -- February 26
Dragonflys4me / Chris -- February 28
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
Katgroves / Kathy -- October 25
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

We came from here...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1406597/

Thumbnail by GardenQuail
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.

Hi, all.
You're welcome, LK. Thanks for hosting while I was caring for my guide dog as he was undergoing the cancer treatmemt.
We got lots of rain yesterday (wee hours of Monday morning through rush hour). We got an inch to an inch and a half of rain... much more than they expected! I think I heard my plants cheering :)
Have a great Wednesday, everyone!
Michelle

Plants sure do love the rain!

Hi, all.
Chris and LK, thank you so much for your lovely cards! Chris's card had very tactile flowers, including some with silk petals and gem centers. And LK's card had glittered butterflies, candles, and cake, so I could feel where they were. Thank you, both!
Looks like we're expecting more rain Sunday and/or Monday. Will be good for the garden. Sadly, I still need to clean things up and plant seeds. Will probably have to do this after the rain. At least the soil will be moistened for the seeds :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle

Good luck with your seed planting.

Hi, all.
Thanks, LK. Perhaps I will get some work done in the garden Tuesday or so. We'll see how much more rain we get Monday. So far, just a few sprinkles that I know of. But I think Monday is suppose to be wetter.
Do you have anything growing in your gardens now, or are your gardens resting for the winter?
Wishing everyone a joy-filled Monday!
Michelle

Everything is still blooming , roses, pride of Barbados, Mexican petunias, bougainvillea....

Hi, all.
LK, that sounds lovely! One of my dreams is to be able to have flowers blooming all through the year. Haven't quite gotten there yet, but perhaps some year :)
Has anyone heard from Tina? She hasn't stopped by in a long time! Should I send her a note to see if she still wants to participate in the Birthday Club?
Oh, I almost forgot... We actually had a real thunderstorm this morning! We don't usually have them around here. Or, if we do, it's not much of one --just a clap of thunder so you say, "Oh no, a thunderstorm," and then you get rain but no more thunder. But today, we heard lots of thunder! And plenty of rain to go with it.
Well, have a great evening, and a terrific Tuesday!
Michelle

Several have not popped in for awhile. If you don't mind sending them a Dmail. I saw Katgroves in a different thread today, she said she just lost her Mother. So she will be offline for a few days.

Hi, all.
Oh, LK, thanks for passing on the news about Katgroves. I'll keep her in my prayers.
I'll send some dmail out to those we haven't heard from in a while to see if they still want to continue. Should be able to get those sent out in the next few days. Of course, if any of you happen to stop by first, feel free to chime in and let us know you are still around and such :)
Have a great Friday, everyone!
Michelle

Enjoy your weekend.

Hi, all.
Just a quick stop by... Yesterday, I was admiring all of the nice healthy-looking leaves that my Calla Lilies are growing. To my excitement and joy, I discovered that I also have three Calla Lily flowers! I had my husband take a picture of them. I'll try to get the picture posted.
Have a great Sunday!
Michelle

I love calla lilies.

Hi, all.
My mom loves them, too. I thought they sounded interesting to try growing, and figured I could get a better idea of what they looked like if I grew them. I tried growing some colored ones, but they are especially particular about how much or how little water they want, so mine didn't make it. When I replaced them, it was recommended that I try the white ones as they would probably grow better in our growing conditions. That seems to have been some good advice :) I'm hoping I'll have more blooms when my mom comes to visit in April.
Haven't gotten the dmail sent to our missing members yet. Things got rather busy, so I'll try to take care of this in the next few days.
Have a blessed day!
Michelle.

Hi, all.
Back again... Slight delay in getting my subscription renewed, but all is well now! I'll get dmails out soon. Of course, anyone who is following this thread who hasn't chimed in for a while, do take a moment to say hello and let us know if you still want to participate.
Stay warm, and have a wonderful day!
Michelle

Glad to hear you are still with us Michelle.

Hi, all.
Wow! Has it been that long since I posted? And, my how things have changed!
My apologies... I never did get dmails sent...
Unfortunately, this new format isn't as user friendly for me now. It's a lot more work to read the things I want to read, and that takes away a lot of the fun. So, I guess I'm going to drop out shortly. I'll check back again in a day or two to read any final messages and close the thread.
Hope you all have been enjoying the holidays! I've really enjoyed getting to know you all and sharing about our gardens.
Michelle

Wow, it has been too long, and I apologize for not keeping up.

New thread for January everyone. Please come to the new thread, and let me know if you are still in this swap.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1412737/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.