planning a trip to Huntington Beach; need advice

Ocean Springs, MS

I am planning a trip to Huntington Beach for next May/June. Can anyone give advice on tours to Los Angeles (want to see stars footprints and tar pits). Also want to visit sequoia national forest and would appreciate any suggestions on tours there. I always get a plant from the places I travel, so if you know any nice nurseries on Huntington beach, please let me know. Thank you for any help
Julie

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

I will just start the discussion with how big CA is. It's over 250 miles from Huntington Beach to Sequoia NP, almost the total North South distance of MS. This is from someone who is 400 miles from Huntington Beach. Hopefully the park will not be on fire http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/unit/797/ in May/June. ;-}

Ocean Springs, MS

Potemup, thank you for your help. I was looking at this tour for the park.
http://www.taketours.com/los-angeles-ca/la-sequoia-reno-lake-tahoe-napa-3-day-tour-673-325.html

We'll probably stay in Huntington 4 days (including one of these days to go into Los Angeles), then head out on the tour to Sequoia.

Thanks, Julie

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

I live in Huntington Beach. We've got nurseries - all the usual, Armstrong, Home Depot, and Lowe's (and ALL within about two minutes of my house). There are also some independents, or there used to be - I'll check them out for both of us and let you know. One in particular was a real treat to visit, but I haven't been for a long time. I don't know the name, but I know where it was or is, so I'll just drive on over there and look.

If you look up Hollywood Tours on-line you'll probably find more than you ever wanted to know. If you can book something for mid to late morning it shouldn't take more than 1 1/2- 2 hours to get there, depending on traffic. Coming back to HB could take longer if you leave after 3:00 p.m. You might want to visit the Queen Mary and aquarium in Long Beach also, its a whole bunch closer. There are also nurseries south of us, in Corona Del Mar and Laguna Beach is an art lovers treat and has the Pottery Shack if you're interested in containers. The whole town is just worth yumming over. Let me know anything you want me to check out for you besides the nurseries - its time I branched out, glad I read your post. Syb

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you, Syb! We only want to go into Los Angeles for the footprints and tar pits, unless my son changes his mind. Can't wait to visit the nurseries! You've been so helpful. Thanks again

Glad you won,t be here until spring. Trying to find my round-to-it thingy. Syb

Ocean Springs, MS

The reason I'm visiting Huntington Beach is for my son's graduation trip. He is obsessed with the band Avenged Sevenfold, so he wants to visit their hometown. We're going to visit the Reverend's gravesite, go eagles watching, go to the taco place, and some other places he picked out. Maybe he will let me take some time out to meet you!

I want to visit sequoia, grand canyon, and other places since well be on the west coast. I want to start booking flights, tours, etc. In January. That's why I'm trying to gather all the info I can.

Please keep in touch. Thanks, Julie

OK - I found one. Heavenly Nursery, just where it always has been, but there's a for sale sign on the property. I just drove by, but will make time to go in and find out what's up. So, progress. Now on to the next independent... I'm having so much fun with this - glad you decided to come to visit my hometown. Syb

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavenly-Vintage-Nursery/327108150671861

One down. It really looks like the independent nurseries here are succumbing to the big box stores -- the other one is long gone. Syb

http://www.slgardens.org/ arboretum in Corona del Mar, $3.00 admit - restaurant and cafe. Best thing in Orange County.

rogersgardens.com also in Corona del Mar. Just zip down Pacific Coast Highway (aka PCH) to CdM - fun day.

Whew... that's the best I can do. Enjoy, Syb.

Ocean Springs, MS

Syb, you have been so helpful. I love botanical gardens, but I have to talk to my son about his plans. He wants to just walk the city one day, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted as we make more definite plans. Maybe you coulda meet me for the garden visit! 😊

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.