Orchid issues

Reno, NV(Zone 6b)

Sallyg, I have been thinking about your phalaenopsis. Are you worried about it or just stating the facts? If you are concerned, please post some photos and lets see if we can figure it out.

Daisy

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I've repotted into Espoma orchid mix, took off two yellow leaves (bottom two) and it seems stabilized.
It was a found plant , at the workplace, and whatever it does is either a learning process for me, or a treat.

Plus- my Oncidium has a bloom spike, so it's my new favorite child.

Reno, NV(Zone 6b)

Such a fickle mother! Send a pic of your oncidium when it blooms. I haven't heard of Espoma orchid mix. Tell me about it.

I'm excited too. My Psychopsis is about to bloom. Yeh!

Daisy

so, I have these cheap/free orchids, a Phal and an Oncidium, and a Dendrobium. I end up going to the local Southern States and bought Espoma orchid mix (Espoma is a brand of organic fertilizers and soil amendments) and a dusty (on the outside) bag of fir bark (not a lot of people here are going to that store for orchid supplies, lol)
It was hard to tell in the closed bag but the Espoma mix was nice and chunky, bark, perlite, charcoal. Phal and Oncidium are both happy with new potting. Phal has not lost any more leaves.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Safe to assume Epsoma contains epsom salts which instantly greens plants? I've not heard of this mix.

My bad. It's Espoma, not Epsoma. lol

note the spelling Es Po Ma; I don't think it has anything to do with epsom salts.
http://www.espoma.com/company/history/
I guess they are local to the Mid Atlantic; I didn't realize that.

Cross posted
:^)

This message was edited Nov 18, 2015 9:27 PM

We crossed. I realized my error.

My Oncidium. From a friend from a yard sale so no ID info.

Thumbnail by sallyg
Reno, NV(Zone 6b)

Nice! I wonder if it's Oncidium varicosum?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.