Pachira aquatica

San Antonio, TX

Hello garden friends! I wasn't sure where to post this question:/ but let's see if y'all can help:.. I recently purchased a pachira aquatica and I read all the details to see how to grow it large and beautiful! However the leaves started to turn brown and yellow and to fall :( I have been only watering it once a week how people suggest and I have it in a corner where the Sun doesn't shine right on it but gets good lighting.. What am I doing nothing wrong?

Thumbnail by Planties4 Thumbnail by Planties4 Thumbnail by Planties4
Contra Costa County, CA(Zone 9b)

I would plant it in a container with good drainage.
Water it well, and allow the water to drain out of the container.
Roots need oxygen as well as water. In a container with no drainage the old water stays in there, and all the oxygen gets used up.
If you want to keep using that container, then plant the plant in a pot with drainage that fits inside the decorative pot.

San Antonio, TX

Ok so today I have transferred it to a pot that has drainage. My next question of by chance you know is should I leave it inside or should I put it outside on the porch? I love is San Antonio TX and we are having 80 degree weather with morning sun directly until 1 PM
Thanks!

Thumbnail by Planties4
Contra Costa County, CA(Zone 9b)

I do not think full sun is good for this one. A little morning sun may be OK while it is still cool, but the leaves can sunburn. Bright light, such as under a tree or on a covered porch is probably better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.