Discount order to Longfields gardens

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm sending in an order to Longfields Gardens tomorrow. I plan to order Tazzetta Ziva, Tazzetta Falconnette and a yellow freesia. I'm planning on forcing them all. They give a pretty good discount for all of them plus I get 25% off because this is my first order with them. I've checked them on Watchdog and they look really good. They're in New Jersey (Lakewood) so they can get them out fast. Shipping is free on orders over $50.00 and they are giving free bulbs with every order this weekend.

Freesia 25 count bags $0.35/bulb http://www.longfield-gardens.com/plantname/Freesia-Yellow

Ziva 20 count bags $0.80/bulb http://www.longfield-gardens.com/plantname/Narcissus-Ziva This is the cheapest I've ever seen paperwhites

Falconnette 20 count bags $0.52/bulb http://www.longfield-gardens.com/plantname/Narcissus-Falconet

I have no problem with adding anything else you see that you might like just let me know.

The more bags we get the more the price goes down. I'm planning on at least one to two bags of each for myself for forcing pots for indoors.

If anyone wants in, let me know by tomorrow night please, I'm going to place my order today to make sure to get the discount but I'll be happy to add to it as long as they let me.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2015 8:34 AM

Washington, DC

Count me in! I'm new to the group and look forward to meeting you.
Here's my order:
Item #11802303, tulip fosteriana exotic emperor, 4 bags, $46.52.
Item #11800330, tulip viridiflora, 4 bags, $51.00.
Item #11000083, tulip parrot fantasy feather mix, 4 bags, $52.52.
Total is $150.04.

I love freesia but have had lackluster results growing it in the garden. Is it easy to force?

Lisa

The order is in they're shipping tomorrow and we got all the discounts and free bulbs. I'll let you know when they get here. So far I'd love to do this as a group buy these people are so nice and easy to deal with.

Washington, DC

Glad to hear it, Yehudith.
Valentine's Day last year, my husband gave me an auger. So romantic.
Must admit, the danged thing will come in handy planting my 150 bulbs.

I'm debating the best present he gave me was either my portable scaffold or my wheel barrow. Romance is highly over rated show me that you're listening to me, I can buy my own perfume. Now that I think of it it was my Viking stove. That was the closest I've ever come to idol worship!!!! 12 different kinds of quiche at one shot and they all came out perfect. OMG!!!!!!

Lisa

The first box of bulbs just arrived, yours will be in the next shipment (tomorrow ?) . They are huge!!!! I'm not kidding, HUGE! The Ziva (paperwhites) are the size of baseballs. I've never seen paperwhites so big. And they're real heavy too! The bonus bulbs look nice too and so do the freesias. I'm so tickled. I'll let you know when yours get here.

Washington, DC

Great news. So you've had luck forcing freesia? Love that flower but have had lousy results.

Lisa

They're here!!!!! They're gorgeous!!! You'll love them!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.