October: our most pleasant month.

Richmond, TX

October is usually when we can expect cooler, less humid weather, and we have had a few really nice days so far. We have also had 90 degrees and humidity in between! I am still clipping weeds off of a few pastures or parts of pastures. I want to leave as much grass as possible for the cold winter they are predicting. As soon as we get some rain, I plan to start replacing fence posts on the east side of the south paddock - only about 750' of fence, I think. The rest of that paddock has been refenced recently. The smaller paddock east of the barn also needs new wire on the north fence - and so it goes... We have had this farm long enough that almost everything is coming due for replacement - for the second time in some cases.

I also want a run-in shed built in that paddock as we have a couple of additional pensioners "housed" there. That I will hire done, however.

What is everyone else up to?

Thumbnail by porkpal
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!