How to resize gardening photos

London, United Kingdom

I personally like gardening and I do share these photos on my social media. But suddenly, I realisze that on Flickr, or Imgur, photobucket, someone who shares photos in an unified size, will bring a happier feeling. And I do hope to add my gardening signature to my photos, oh, they must be beautiful signatures in accordance with my gardening.

So is there a way to resize and add signature to photos fast? I search on Google, find several tools which allow to do them: http://fast-image-resizer.en.softonic.com/, http://www.watermark-software.com/photo-watermark.html. At the same time, I find some photo platforms which also say it's possible.

Anyone know these? Please advise.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

If you are concerned about this particular site (Dave's Garden), it automatically re-sizes the photos. I have also found this site useful:
Photoscape: http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

This message was edited Oct 20, 2015 11:18 AM

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I have the same question. You might also post this question on the Cameras and Photography forum.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I do all that with PhotoShop Creative Cloud 2014. I have it, I know how to use it and it gives me total control of all the size and resolution settings I need, and then some. Resizing a picture with PSCC2014 is like removing a wasps' nest with a nuclear device, but it gets the job done very nicely, thank you very much. There are less involved free softward out there that will do the job nicely.

When I post pictures on Dave's garden, I use 700 pixels X 700 pixels at 75 dpi for square pictures and 700 X 467 at 75 dpi for rectangular ones. 75 dpi is great for viewing an image directly on your computer's monitor.

I hope this helps somewhat.
Sylvain.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

This is 2992x2992 pixels. I uploaded it without doing any re-sizing and this is how it came out.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for all of your answers,

Actually, I want to resize photos not only on davesgarden, but also on my personal blogs, I wiil see to Cville_Gardener advise and learn the site,

Thanks Pistil, I guess I place the thread in a improper place, I will move it to Cameras and Photography forum.

Oh, PS is expensive and hard to learn, I think I'm stupid at it, so I'm gonna pass it. Thank you. You must be amazing at PS.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Cville, you are right when you say that at 2992X2992, the image comes out well, too. However, I resized a 750X750@75dpi (file size = 518kb) image to 2992X2992@75dpi and the file size jumped to 2,974kb. That's 5.74 times larger than the original, for the same picture. I trained myself to always try to keep my picture file sizes smaller to keep upload and download times shorter. I always work under the assumption that file size matters. But you are right, Cville... the images comes out very well for you.

Sylvain.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

It takes me less than 10 seconds to upload a 2992X2992 photo to DG. A benefit of my high-speed internet connection.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

There was a time when photo size mattered on DG. I remember several years ago if I didn't resize or crop my photos to make them smaller, I'd end up with huge pics and you had to scroll down to see the whole thing. Now it's much better even if you don't resize and also very quick.

Nathan, on DG you can choose a watermark for your pictures. It won't help you for your blogs, but if you want a watermark on DG, just go to "Preferences" (at the top right of any page) then click on "Watermark". On my page it's at the bottom of a list on the left side of the page. Yours may be different because you see ads. The most common watermark is the default one, but your can choose whichever one you want.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2015 10:39 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.