What has happened to Buttoneer

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi Flower Buds. Decided to pop in here and catch up to you. It has been my lost summer of 2015. I had the left knee replaced mid January. Then Mid may. Two of my disc's herniated from my twisting around to keep from falling and are putting the pressure on my sciatic nerve. Have had several spinal injections but the pain is still there and very bad. After getting an MRI and an X ray, I went to see a surgeon and I will have back surgery and a spinal fusion on January 5, so I can finish the rest of my craft shows this year. Here are the good things: I fell hopelessly in love with sunflowers and I will be starting some lovely specimens this coming summer, from Russia, China & Japan, and that is something to look forward to. I sure hope I can get to the plant swaps. Not so sure about the seed swap because of the surgery in January. Take care all of you and I will do my best to keep in t-ouch. Buttoneer

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Good choice to fall in love with. They are such cheery flowers
Thanks for checking in and letting us know . Bless your heart. I marvel at how you push through the pain, so you can get through the craft show season. Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. I'll be praying for you and the surgical team.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi Judy! Good to hear from you. Hope the knees are now in good shape and that the back pains get taken care of with the January surgery. Take care!!!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh no! So sorry to hear shout your back. I'm a huge fan of sunflowers myself but they don't do very well for me.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi Judy!!

Boy we wish you didn't have those problems! What luck! I'm glad to hear from you too. I love having sunflowers come up voluntarily every year, and having goldfinches flock to them. SO cheerful.

ps Hi to Bob too!

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm sorry to hear about your back pain, Judy. I hope your surgery goes well and that you're back in the garden in the spring!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Heya, Button! Just in case you don't have shows this weekend, We're doing lunch at my place, with bulb pickup & visiting, then an early dinner at Chef Lin.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Judy--I know you are a tough broad! You have not had an easy life....

I am not clear--but have you had BOTH knees replaced by now?
Been there--done that....The recovery is hard--but you have to stay with it...

Good luck with your back surgery. It is worth it--as you will feel so much better...

I hope to see you soon again at one of the swaps. We have a couple NEW people
in our group that have fit in like a glove. So nice too....

Hoping to see you at least by the Spring Swap--wherever that will be.....
Hugs--Gita

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Sorry I couldn't make it over to your bulb p/u, Critter. I believe 2016 in October is when we can do the Colorfest in Thurmont, so I will have to locate a campground and take the camper. Gita, both knees are done and working fine. Rotator Cuff is ok. Just when I think I have everything fixed, something else goes out on me. Arrgh. I am looking forward to going to some plant swaps in 2016. Not sure of the Feb seed swap since the surgery is January. Will have to check with the Dr on that one. Chat again sometime all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.