Snowberry

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Symphoricarpos albus is also native here, the leaves look pretty ratty by now, but in the winter the white berries hang on and really brighten up a gloomy spot.

Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

cute duck!

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I collected some seeds of Snowberry when I was in Canada recently, I've got some germinating as I speak/type. Thanks for the photos and the duck!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Just saw this thread...

I planted a few snow berries this season. They are in a dryish environment with part shade. There are a few berries. I'm excited to see how they do next year. Do you ever see rabbits grazing them? I still wrapped mine in chicken wire just in case.

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I don't have many rabbits or deer here, and I don't actually have Snowberries in my yard now (these photos were from a park). I used to have some by my driveway, never saw anything eating them, and the berries hung on all winter which was very nice.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

The rabbits in our yard eat anything. I'm going to let the snowberry grow a couple seasons before I stop caging it in the winter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.