Bargains at Ace Hardware!

Fort Worth, TX

I just bought 62 plants at $0.50 apiece.

Got: 1 broken chrysanthemum, (center stalk broke)
about 8 4 inch pots of different lantanas
3 Blue Daze (they will need the greenhouse)
20 Pentas (not sure of name and yes annual but considering greenhouse part of them and do they go to seed?)
1 melampodium (greenhouse)
3 geraniums (greenhouse)
a dozen or so Verbena (my greenhouse is gonna be so pretty this winter)
half a dozen marguerite daisies

I am aware that these are annuals. I did get one little 4 inch plumbago for $1.99, rumor has it that it might be a perennial 2 Angelina Augustifolia's look hardy down to 20 degrees anyway

And I got some hummingbird salvia, and a freeloading Brazilian buttonflower that I was advised to greenhouse over the winter in that 50 cent bunch.

My bees are hungry and it hasn't rained so the goldenrod is all there really is blooming nearby. Got some stuff to tend to the mites on the bees too. The greenhouse has really added to my ability to celebrate fall and winter by scooping up late season deals. I usually hit everywhere just before first freeze for blooming shrubs and trees. If I have any money.

This message was edited Oct 12, 2015 2:50 PM

This message was edited Oct 19, 2015 4:38 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have to head up to Ace today because I have a package to mail (they have a post office in their store) so I'll check out the offerings.

Fort Worth, TX

Back 2 tables in the fenced in area

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Which one did you go to, Gypsi?

Dallas, TX

The only Ace place near me doesn't have plants. I'm sure there's prob. another one in a city as big as Dallas. Not that I need more plants. But then again . . .

Fort Worth, TX

Hulen and Sycamore School Rd

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

That one is actually closer to my house, but the traffic is better for me to go to the one up on South Hills Drive near TCU.

Fort Worth, TX

I get lost near TCU, so I have NEVER seen that one.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I only know where it is because we go to the vet in the same shopping center. Albertson's is in that shopping center also.

Fort Worth, TX

All of the nurseries will be clearing out "annuals" - and a lot of annuals are just perennials that get used as annuals. That Ace may have plants too

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.