Growing SDB Iris

Toms River, NJ(Zone 7a)

I have some very old Historic SDB's growing around a tree in the front of my house. I cleaned out the area, as I'm sure this Iris has been in place for many years and needs divided, but I want to add a few new SDB's in the area, but I've never grown SDBs before. I found a great
Historic SDB online called "Cherry Garden" that I want to get (and the color matches the shutters on my house). Does anyone here grow
SDBs? What is your experience with them ?

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

I have quite a few, and have real good luck with them. You will like Cherry Garden.....it's a nice one !

South Hamilton, MA

We grow mainly SDBs north-east of Boston.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

They do just fine for me. Don't need any special attention beyond what the taller ones do. I have several varieties, and a few that rebloom.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Love Cherry Garden. Here, its a bit taller than some of my other SDBs and blooms well. That being said, I lost most of my CG that grew in the same area. The bed was 8 years old, crowded and probably should have been dug, cleaned and divided. I have a few small rhizomes that survived what ever killed the rest and hopefully will they will survive the winter. I gave some to my next door neighbor and hers are doing well. She will share with me in the spring if my small rhizomes don't make it! That would give me a chance to clean out the area and replant with fresh plants.Which really needed done anyway.
Linda

South Hamilton, MA

good luck with it

South Hamilton, MA

Try C & T iris patch. They might grow Cherry Garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.