german chamomile germination

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

I've tried numerous times with seed from various sources to try to grow German chamomile with no success. It grew as a weed at my grand parents' house near Fort Worth so it shouldn't be that difficult. Right? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

The difference appears to be in the zone. 9 is probably going to take a but different conditions with the heat you guys have in San Marcos. I will also hazard your whiterock may be closer to the surface...

San Marcos, TX(Zone 8b)

After further research, I'm now almost certain that the plant that I thought was chamomile was actually pineapple weed (Matricaria matricarioides or M. discoidea.I can recall crushing the flower heads between my fingers and getting a strong scent of pineapple, which I used to find really pleasant Being very young at the time, I was hesitant to taste it because I thought it might be poisonous. Now I'm learning that it is not only edible, but that the flower heads make a pretty decent tea. Smells really do leave very long-lasting memories. Now to find a seed source, since I've never seen it growing wild around here.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Pineapple weed. Have grown pineapple sage- lovely scent. Lookin your weed up now...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.