Giving away plants for free

GRANADA HILLS, CA(Zone 9b)

We have some plants we would like to give to someone. Most are in pots. Obviously the recipients must live near us close enough to get to us.

What would be the best way to find people that want our plants? What forum, if any, should I use here?

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow I'm from your area but don't live there now, obviously. Lol This forum is for help with the actual DG site. You might have better luck on the Ask a Dave's Gardener forum and Beginner Gardening forum. The Greensheet might work? What type of plants do you have?

GRANADA HILLS, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you. I will try those other forums.

I intentionally did not specify the relevant types of plants since I did not want to post an off-topic comment. Since you asked, the main plants we have are many small Silk Floss trees as in:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55678

Most of them are in pots but we have one in the ground that is about ten feet high and very healthy but it cannot stay there.

We have many Aloe Vera in pots.

We have a Sycamore tree (I think Sycamore but I could be wrong) growing in the ground that is about twelve feet high that cannot stay where it is at.

We probably have others but those are the main ones.

I will try posting these in the appropriate forums.

Oh, now I see that there is a link for "28 members have or want this plant for trade" on the Floss Silk Tree page. I will look there.

This message was edited Oct 3, 2015 3:27 PM

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Wish I lived closer...good luck

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images