Emerald Isle flooded I am waterlogged

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Hope all of you are dry and we have rain forcast for rest of week
And may have a tropical storm so this is not good with all the rain soaked ground.

Thumbnail by LavinaMae
Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Not much is dry anywhere along the coast this week I am afraid. I loved your picture. Many years ago, when we lived on the Eastern Shore, we had a puppy and we took a photo of him "walking on water" like yours are doing when our dock was under water during a king tide.

No dock here, just a mess from what the tide brings in. The picture with the bird bath is my next door neighbor's yard. The original owner had applied for and received a varience to the usual 50' setback. You can see why we have these laws, the water is right up under their home in some places.

Thumbnail by ardesia Thumbnail by ardesia

Glub glub, remember those big ceramic pots in the last post. Here's one of them today on its way out to sea.

Down here in the lower corner of SC we are wet but generally above water (although not by much). My heart goes out to you north of here in Charleston and Columbia and along the beaches in both Carolinas.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Kure Beach, NC(Zone 9a)

We're fine, for the most part, in Kure Beach, NC, but just to our North in Carolina BEach and Wilmington, people are kayaking and paddle boarding in the streets.
I'm going post a thread with pics of our yard.
Barb

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Hope you all are still safe

Fine down here, not much of an event at all, but please pray for the rest of SC. I am horrified at the mass destruction and loss of life from the water. So many major roads and bridges have been destroyed I can't imagine how people are going to get to work and school. They are talking about bringing in barges to make temporary bridges. The whole thing is surreal. All this from nothing more than gentle but endless rain; really shows you the power of water.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.