Eclipse - Blood Moon

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Who spend last night gazing into our beautiful sky? I know my neck is stiff this morning, but may not be around in 2033 for the next siting!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Took these before it began. The moon was hugeous!

Thumbnail by haighr Thumbnail by haighr
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

THANK YOU! we had total overcast here.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

How beautiful, haighr!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Glad to share. They were calling for clouds here but it cleared up late in the day.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Great pictures! We tried but had too much cloud cover- only a brief glimpse.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Great photos! I was in Utah this past weekend and was able to see it there. It was cold up in the mountains, and we were sitting on a pile of rocks in the middle of nowhere while watching, but it was crystal clear and it was a fun, memorable experience.

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

I was in Chicago and viewed it with my brother and several cousins while recounting family stories from when we were kids and debates of how to take a pic of moon. None of the pics turned out as anything more than a black field with a sliver of light! What clouds there were were thin and scuttling past creating some dramatic 'great eye in the sky' moments. Nice that eclipse time was early in evening so we 'oldsters' didn't miss any beauty sleep. There were viewing parties all along the lake shore with sky line of city as backdrop. Many of 'the world's tallest buildings' also were viewing sites along with the Adler Planetarium. Much wine was consumed!

We recounted other moon stories and sang 'Shine on Harvest Moon' still in pretty good voice! Neat to time travel back to the days of our youth. The 'blood' part was less than expected though.

The first 'garden' I ever planted in my Maryland yard was a Moon Garden where the full moons of summer shone the brightest in my yard once they cleared the big oak trees! Love moon rises over bodies of water, all golden and orangy and huge!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

We kept track of it. Binoculars made it more 3D-ish. Very cool.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Great stories. Love hearing where others were and how they viewed the event. So true it was at a reasonable hour although must say it was still later here than I am usually up.
I missed the wine too!
I was only able to get these shots using my olympus camera and a tripod and even that was tricky. We looked through binoculars too and that was very awesome.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.