Texas Native Plant Sale Saturday 9-26

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

At the Randol Mill Greenhouse to benefit the Molly Hollar Wildscape.
Please come and see us.
http://www.thewildscape.org/plant-sale-pix.php

Dallas, TX

Funny you should say that, Josephine. I was just looking at a calendar of events aka plant sales and saw that there are 2 in Arlington. So of course I thought of you. And the empty pots in my yard. I know it's a little late to get the pots to you for the 9/26 sale. But if I can make it to Arlington on Saturday, I can bring some quart size pots if you can use them for another sale. Please LMK.

The other sale in Arlington is October 3rd. I think that one is sponsored by NPSOT.

Yes, I will be at the NPSOT sale too. I hope you can make it this Saturday we can always use pots whenever you can bring them.

Dallas, TX

If I make it to Arlington, can you or any of your cohorts use pots that are 1 or more gallon size? I looked around the garage and outback and it seems that I don't have as many quart size as I thought. Lots of little guys and lots of big guys. I think I know where I could get more quart size ones but it might take awhile.

Everything seems to be happening this weekend and next. Actually a lot of stuff going on all month.

This Sat. is "Take Back Drugs' day from 10 -2. You can take expired or just unwanted meds to Parkland Hospital or a number of Walgreens. So I want to fit that in somewhere. If I could get up early (yawn) I could be in Arlington early and easily be back by 2. I wonder if any of the Arlington Walgreens are taking back drugs. Will check. It's better than putting them in our water supply. :)

Anyway, I'll work things out. But do let me know about the pots.

I can use the gallon pots, but don't need the larger ones. Thank you for the offer.

Dallas, TX

Ok. Will work on them tomorrow. Not always easy to tell the sizes but I 'think' I have a bunch of 1 gallon pots. Wish there was a consistent marking theme for all pots.

Dallas, TX

I've got quart- and 1 gallon-sized pots in my car all ready to go. The gallon ones are weird b/c they say 1 gallon but the also say 2.5 qts. I stopped at Nicholson Hardie and verified the markings. Also, Barbara who is a clerk there, is going to give me a lot more next week. She had given me almost all of the pots that I brought to the last 2 RUs.

Don't know what time, but I'll see you tomorrow.

Thank you Joan, you are a sweetheart.

Fort Worth, TX

photos on Facebook look like the Plant sale is off to a good start. I can't go today but hope it goes well.

Thank you, the plant sale was great and I did see Joan, she made it.

Dallas, TX

Glad I was there and didn't spend all my money. Want to spend a little next weekend at the NPSOT sale. Have to spread it around to different groups. :D

Hoping, but not necessarily planning to go tomorrow, 9/27, to a 'talk' about the owls that live in the area.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.