Please ID from RU

Fort Worth, TX

The white blooming one may have started from seed, I have no idea what it is, it could as easily have been a RU plant. The branch of leaves to its left is from a small spare plant, stems slightly woody like a shrub, maybe some kind of Rose of Sharon? I know it came from RU. The morning glories I started from seed

Thumbnail by Gypsi
Dallas, TX

Kinda looks like Frostweed. Josephine will know. Mine is in full bloom right now but don't feel like going outside right now to check.

I did find that a squirrel (aka rat) damaged a small flowering stem while (I guess) trying to bury an acorn. I'm wondering if I can keep the part that broke off alive. Like maybe rooting in water? Or in soil? Or forget about it?

Is that a vine on the left?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Frostweed. And no clue Gypsi...

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Gypsi, your plant is Boneset, eupatorium, a very good native plant for pollinators.
There are many of them so not sure exactly, could be this one;
http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=EUPE3

Fort Worth, TX

Thank you Josephine! I have frostweed in another spot and the leaves were not the same. Nice fall blooming going on. I don't remember what the one to the left was but it came from a roundup probably last fall. will try to get a better leaf photo later

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

They are soclose..

Fort Worth, TX

they are indeed, and I dropped ,my good phone on its camera and the part is coming from Australia, will re-shoot when I have time to do the shoot, blue tooth, wifi upload thing or when the part comes. When I do retake the photo I will put a white sheet of paper behind the plant I don't know what is. meantime I have work to do.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

could that be white snakeroot?

Fort Worth, TX

need to get out there with a piece of paper behind the leaves, whatever the left hand plant is, it is shrubby

Fort Worth, TX

The 2nd plant in that bed, next to the boneset, has woody stem like a shrub or tree. I got new photos.

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi

Those leaves look familiar but I can't put my finger on it right now, I will think about it.

Fort Worth, TX

thank you

I don't know if this is correct, but those leaves look like the new leaves of Beebrush.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/nativeshrubs/aloysiagratis.htm

Fort Worth, TX

the leaves have 3 points on them, I almost thought it was a Rose of Sharon but the leave size is too small and the R of S has more lobes on it. Eventually it may bloom and show me what it is. Thank you for trying Josephine. I know it came from A roundup. I wish I had made a list of the names of all the plants I brought home, I think I will in the future.

I did find a beauty berry in the toilet tank where I planted a lavender lantana, not sure how I did that, digging up my plant notebook. When I get these plants identified I will do what I used to do, make a page for each garden, and each garden has a number, and the numbered pages list the species. It takes time but it saves me from asking dumb questions or just wondering for a year or 2....

Dallas, TX

Gypsi, do you realize how funny that sounds when you say that you found a beauty berry in the toilet tank?

Fort Worth, TX

A picture is worth 100 words. Coming up!

My electrician cracked the bowl on my old toilet, not enough to make it leak, just enough to make me worry. So there was a garage sale and they had a small tank toilet and at the end it hadn't sold so my neighbor gave it to me and it sat in my garage a couple of years. Then Fort Worth gave away free 2 stage small tank toilets so I picked mine up and had it installed. Which gave me 2 small pots, one tank has plants in it, the other has its lid and a powerstrip hidden inside, and both bowls also have plants.

In the center is the white ginger tree I got from Marty at a RU a couple of years ago, snapdragons in the bowls with a couple of asclepius tuberosa, and in the top tank on the right, a lavender trailing lantana and what I believe is a beautyberry, the berries are still green.

Thumbnail by Gypsi
Dallas, TX

Tis a true work of art.

Fort Worth, TX

Why thank you Joan. It is folk art, in a country sort of way, lol. I horrified my accountant daughter so much she is no longer speaking to me. Since she only speaks to me when she wants help with her garden, I am considering this a big PLUS.

Dallas, TX

Just so you know, I happen to be a fan of yard art in general. Now that BettyAnn & Jimbo's Junkadoodle closed, my interest has dwindled somewhat.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.