What is this......

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I have these bugs all over my Lilies. I have been growing Lilies for several years and don't remember having these before. The Lilies are planted all around the yard and they seem to be on all of them. Right now I am cutting and burning the Lily stalks. Aphids???

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
South Florida, FL(Zone 10b)

I'm reading this on my phone so the picture can only get so big, but they definitely look like aphids to me. are you seeing ants traveling up and down your plants too?
First off try spraying them down with a good stream of water from the hose. This will disrupt them for a little. Do you use any form of pest control on your plants? Like Neem?
Here is an article that might help
http://extension.psu.edu/pests/ipm/schools-childcare/schools/educators/curriculum/biocontrol/managementtactics

South Florida, FL(Zone 10b)

I know it's geared toward a school setting but it goes over the different options for control.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

No I don't see any ants. Thanks for the article I will take a look at it. They just look a little different than the aphids I occasionally see on my Roses. I usually just give them a spray of soapy water. This just looks a bit different maybe just the mass of them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.