Show me your Seed Pods

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I don't have anything to compare this too, that's why I could possibly be a smidge wrong.

But, if left to my own devices, I can easily go out on a limb and say, "The number of seed pods on my Ruby Stella is incredible!"

Thumbnail by Mipii
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I got a lot of pods from Ruby Stella this year too.

Here is something I come across in the garden the other day. It is a dead scape which kind of looks like a snail.

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Ruby Stella is very fertile. I have a lot of bee pods also. I have been saving selective seeds this year due to the seeds from last year that I did not touch. The crisper drawer in the fridge is full. There is some that I bought on the auction late winter that I will plant next spring - late winter indoors to give them a early start.
Cindy that is so unusual.

Wow Cindy, the scapes are so rigid it's difficult to get that configuration. I bet you don't see that but once in a lifetime.

Sounds like you have lot's of work to do Mike, that's quite the seed stash. I wish you many interesting and beautiful blooms.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I usually don't use Ruby Stella in hybridizing but this year I made an exception and crossed it with a new little one I got called Little Mucha Minto. I put pollen from LMM on a lot of my smaller blooms. And Mike, I also used pollen from Carmen Renee a lot.

Here is Little Mucha Minto, a cute little one.

Thumbnail by hemlady

Little Mucha Minto is a cute one, I bet that's a good cross.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy I agree with Robin on that green throated beauty.

Cindy, I hope you share the results...whenever that time comes about.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Well I will if I decide to grow any of that cross. I just may decide to sell them all. I have a couple of other crosses with Little Mucha Minto that I like much better. One cross I made was with one of my Little Fred seedlings. Here's a pic of the seedling.

Thumbnail by hemlady

That's very pretty Cindy, I love the yellow eye (or is that a halo?) with a tiny green throat, thanks for sharing.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

That's a pretty seedling Cindy.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.