Thanks for the Frostweed

Dallas, TX

Last year at (I think) the fall RU I got a Frostweed from Frostweed. Then this summer I got several Frostweed plants from Sheila. (Darned spell check keeps changing that to 'frosted'.)

I'm posting to let y'all know that all of the Frostweed plants are blooming like crazy! Hoping to get a camera by end of September but for now y'all will have to just trust me.

Is there anything I need to do to the plants? Will the flowers bloom for a long time? When through blooming, is it off with their heads? And/or??

Thanks.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Joan, I am so glad the Frostweed is doing good for you, the bees and butterflies love the flowers and the birds love the seed.
The only things you have to do is keep them watered and in winter after they dry out cut them to about six or eight inches from the ground, those stems will explode after a good freeze and it will make the beautiful ice sculptures that frostweed is so famous for.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I love my Frostweed! It's one of my favorites. I started with one very small plant and now I have a very nice clump.

Fort Worth, TX

My frostweed is alive and well this year too! Thank you Josephine.

You are all welcome, it makes very happy to see it in many of my friend's gardens.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a nice clump, but I wish it was bigger. I also love my Ironweed.

Yes Stephanie, Ironweed is very nice too. Actually Texas native plants are great.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.