September Blooms

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Several are finishing up and a few haven't started yet.
Indian Ripple - LFO
Sears Tower - LFO
Big Snowbird - LFO
Kanai Sensei
Innocent Bystander - LFO

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

A Few more.
August Flame - LFO
Forsyth White Buds
Forsyth White Buds - bud building
Look Here Mary - LFO
Frans Hals - LFO

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

A few more.
Final Touch
Sandra Elizabeth - winding down
Genesta - soaking up the sun.
Blast From The Past
Tropical side

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Giant Teratorn - blooming in water. One of many gifts from Karen, aka Taylordaylily. Gotta get them in the ground and make her proud. LOL!

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I didn't expect there to be any blooms in September, my ignorance is showing, lol...again. September just got a little brighter. Boy, the camera sure loves your Big Snowbird Mike.

Wow a 13 inch bloom on Teratorn, that's one spidery spider! Thanks for the tropical side pic too, I enjoyed that one.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

They are all gorgeous Mike! That August Flame held true to its name I guess - and love the Indian Ripple....

I had sure hoped to accomplish some things outside over this long weekend - but no such luck other than dragging the water hose. It was a scorcher weekend with temps around 98 - 100 and humidity out the roof! Even early in the mornings it was too muggy to even think about working outside. They say we have a slight chance of rain on Wednesday and a high of 88 for a "cold front" passing thru! :)

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

We got some rain this evening. Cooler weather is expected this weekend. Robin it's a pity you didn't like Big Snowbird enough to take her home. Mike P a friend of mine gave me his Elephant Ears to plant in my garden because he didn't have the time to plant them in his garden. What a ride. Thanks Mike P.

Geesh, I spoke too soon. I had no idea I'd be haunted like this...for real. I can't believe how photogenic Big Snowbird is.

The moral of the story is to never say no when someone is offering you something, because you don't know what you're missing (until you say no, then you get a real good look at what you're missing . I think I'll have a Marguerita and go to bed.

This message was edited Sep 9, 2015 10:14 AM

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

So Robin, you passed up on Big Snowbird??

Genna, yes I did. Yes, I'm an idiot.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Robin, it is never too late. LOL!!!
After the marguerita wears off (LMHO) let me know.
Jay Farquhar had a FFO a couple days ago, but the bloom wasn't worth sharing. Here he (?) is now.
Adamas - reblooming.
After Awhile Crocodile - FFO
On And On - reblooming and looking better than the first go around.
Baloon Flower

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - can't believe you have flowers with the FFO in September!! NICE!

Sadly it only takes one Marguerita to cure what ails me. Okay Mike, I'm buckling under the pressure...

Big Snowbird is BEAUTIFUL, I'd love to have it, if I can pay for postage. I'd be forever grateful. Really!

Genna, I don't know about you (yes I do), but I'm really coveting late season blooms.

Hey, good on you Mike for planning ahead. You guys are such great mentors, thanks so much!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

At this point, the gardens are so pitiful that those type of blooms are really appealing at this point! I thought of you Robin when I headed home on Tuesday...... it was 101 degree in SEPTEMBER and the humidity was UP there! We have a "cold" front today so it is mid 80s - but the humidity is still very high. We were supposed to get rain, and some parts of the state did but we barely got a mist for a few minutes yesterday and that was it. I needed to have watered last night but I felt so bad that I didn't................tonight, raging headache or not (been having lots of sinus issues) I will HAVE to drag the hose.

Lol...yeah, think of me whenever you feel sweaty and miserable ; )

I've been waiting for that cold front too, probably for the same reasons. I prescribe a Neti Pot for sinus issues. I hope you felt better today Genna.

I'll be dragging the hose around tonight too (I'll be thinking of you kid).

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

LOL...... well, didn't mean it like that but I see what you mean! :)

It was 97 yesterday, 67 this morning, and they are calling for a low of 52 on Saturday night !! YIPPPPEEEEEE !!! Now, if we could just get a little rain. Seems like it is either feast or famine in the rain dept. Currently it is famine......

I am not ready for winter but I am sure ready for these 90 - 100+ degree days to be behind us. My sinus issues have now manifested themselves as a bad chest cold with lots of chest congestion and coughing................called early this morning (as soon as they turned the phones on at the clinic) and was literally on hold for 12 minutes........... they were FULL for the day. Hopefully the dr will be willing to call me in something for the chest congestion. I want to be able to enjoy this nice weekend!! Football weather for sure!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

We also have been getting no rain, it has been all around us but none here. I am trying to water a little every evening just to keep things alive. I have nothing that will be reblooming due to the weather

I feel guilty to say we're having a really nice rain and the temp is a cool 66. It's an inside stuff day.

Mike, are you around? Can you tell me what FFO means? I sure hope you have more blooms to share and FFO doesn't mean 'all gone'.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Robin, wish that I had so of that rain, saying a chance for tonight and tomorrow. Will wait and see. Picked up 4 hours at work tomorrow and it will be overtime First time I will have had that in a long time. And still just have to work 11 hours.

I think that FFO means First Flower Opened. Mine are done for this year with the lack of rain.

Thanks Kathy...I forgot the FFO. Mine are done for this year too, due to lack of plants, lol. I'm building though, I can share more next year. I'd also share the rain if I could. The water from the hose isn't nearly as good as rain.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

We are finally getting some rain. Don't know how long it will last but grateful for what we are getting. It looks like the flowers are drinking it all in. I feel like going out and playing in the rain but with my luck I would come down sick. LOL So will just watch out the window.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Kathy thanks for answering that question.
We got some rain the last couple days. Temp is cool. Going back up to low eighties next week. Chance of rain tomorrow with rain coming down over Lake Michigan. Upper sixties predicted for the next couple days. The Asters are coming along ok. Try adding some reblooming Iris to go with Asters, Mums, Toad Lily, Annuals and foliage plants like Banana, Elephant Ears. Don't forget Anemone. They are just starting around here. Calla Lily is a cutie even after she's done blooming. Delphiniums will rebloom if you prep them right after the initial blooms are done. So much to learn, so little time. LOL!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Well needed rain happening right now. Not heavy. Nevertheless it's rain.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Ours was a mostly gentle rain that was able to soak into the ground

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Kathy, every little bit helps. That's for sure. The rain water minus the chlorine is a plus for sure.

Yes, so much to learn...yeah. If I stop learning, I'll be dead. Thank goodness y'all got rain.

Genna, did you?

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

We are only going up to 62°f today.
Genna need some for sure at her temps.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

65 here but I am at work until 5:30

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I have had over 20 plants rebloom this year, which is really not normal here, but I'll take it. Here are a few that are reblooming.

Maxfield Parrish, Mask of Eternity & Tropical Romance

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady

Very nice, thanks for thinking of us!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, those are very nice.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks!!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

VERY Nice Cindy!! Love all of those!

No, :( , no rain here. We had some wonderful temps on Saturday with highs in the low 80s and down to 52 at night! Went to a college football game Saturday night and my son was actually complaining about being cold!!! About the same yesterday and today..... the cool mornings feel really good and even 82 (today's temp) feels like a WORLD different that 90 or 100, and the humidity is MUCH lower which is always welcome! The next decent chance of rain is not until Saturday........ maybe............

Glad to hear that some areas are getting rain...... my plants are not impressed with me watering them! LOL

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Would sure appreciate some help lifting my oldest son, Alex, up in prayer today and tomorrow. He has to send off his applications for residencies today and needs wisdom when selecting the locations to send it (Yes, each application cost money)..... and tomorrow he receives his step 2 scores from the test he took in July! We desperately need him to pass AND get a good score! I would sure appreciate any you are willing to raise on his behalf................

Beautiful morning here - but going to climb to the high 80s today and only back to the 65 tonight instead of the 50s we have been hitting. Still beats a couple of weeks ago!

Prayers have gone out for Alex Genna.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Prayers from me also

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thank you! He is a nervous wreck today - but has been busy working on his apps and meeting the financial counselor at school ...... trying to keep himself busy I think to make the time go by faster!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Thank you all - wanted to let you know he PASSED!!! YOOO WHOOO...... now, to prepare for the next hurdle! :)

Mike, where are those gorgeous blooms??? Anybody?? I need some color here - everything is beginning to be brown and crunchy :(

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Genna sent up my little request also.
Congrats on the results !
Will post a few in the morning. Cindy is the one with all the rebloom this year. I have a pic of a new perennial that was added this spring. YUM is all I have to say.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, way to keep us hanging Mike..............we all want to SEE! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.