Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn
Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

wildflower peas

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn
Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

peanut ground cover

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn
Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

dwarf chenille (Acalypha pendula) is a good ground cover for shady place.

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Thunbergia battiscombei can be twined up onto a four foot fence and does OK in the shade.

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

In deep shade the grass dies out and other stuff does well

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Wonderful, thanks for sharing....my garden such a jungle, wish it would cool off some to get out there and tackle it.

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Clerodendrum paniculatum
Pagoda bush has bloomed for five years.

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Globba schomburgkii (orange fairy ginger)
this grows in shade and re-seeds easy

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

Cassia alata
Senna alata - Candle Bush - Candelabra Bush - Empress Candle Plant - Ringworm Tree
Wow, these grew very tall this year. Host plant for caterpillars of yellow sulpher butterflies.

I am getting my second blooms on my Pagoda Clerodendrum after I cut it back, I love how it just stands out in the garden.
Nice Cassia, I got mine from seeds by Onalee and just had to cut it back. I like the ginger.

Here's some blooms around my garden.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

My cassia is just now starting to bloom. Sure wish the big cleradendrum trees would boom but they haven't for years. I'm thinking of yanking them out but little ones pop up all over the place. This plant is the star burst one. Any suggestions for how to get it to bloom again??

Bonnie if you're talking about those with the purple and green leaves, I did yank mine out. They get flowers in the winter, like Dec. and Jan. and we always freeze right about then and I lose them.

But the pagoda with the orange flowers blooms most the summer months and I cut back the first blooms and get a nice second bloom. I can give you some if your want, I get new plants popping up every spring.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, you have the right cleradendrum and looks like I'll be yanking them out for the rest of my life. They pop up everywhere.

Yes, would like the pagoda ones. They are beautiful. Thank you for asking.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.