organic fertilizers for phosphorus and potassium.

Fort Worth, TX

So I have been dumping bone meal in my garden for an organic phosphorus source only to find out it is not bio-available in alkaline soils. About to start a chicken manure compost pile but in the meantime, what do you use?

I've been using muriate of phosphate which also contains chlorine, when I had perfectly good hardwood ash by the bagload. I think I have been wasting money.

(My garden has nitrogen overload from pond waste and mushroom compost loaded "garden soil" I added this year)

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I would add nothing but mulch on top, it seems you have been overfeeding your garden.

Fort Worth, TX

I added the garden soil with mushroom compost to slow the path of the rain this may. Trouble is too high nitrogen does NOT dissipate on its own. I would really like one tomato. One would be nice. I have 4 foot plants.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My tomato didnt set fruit til 6'. Wasnt the nitrogen. Use nitrogen by planting stuff that loves it, May just need to do a bucket mater til the nitrogen has time to weaken.

Fort Worth, TX

I started some tomato seed 65 and 70 day varieties, for the greenhouse. got some tomato rescue foliar and root feeding stuff but haven't used yet, rain came.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.