SNOWFLAKE BLOCK SWAP!

Rockport, ME(Zone 5b)

Snowflake Block Swap is officially closed to new participants.

It's beginning to look a lot like...the end of summer. No worries, more time for quilting! In this case, time for a Snowflake-themed Block Swap. Looking to sign up as many participants as possible by SEPTEMBER 1 so we can get the party started. Newbies to not-so-newbies all welcome, as you will be choosing the snowflake block pattern that you feel comfortable making.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

- Please send me a Dmail with your address and phone number. Neither will be published of course. Only your address will be shared with other participants so we can all send each other our creations. I'll keep a running list of the participants and preferences in this thread. COMPLETED BLOCK MAIL OUT DEADLINE WILL BE NOVEMBER 1, hopefully before the holiday time crunch.

- BLOCK SIZE is 12" x 12" finished (12.5" x 12.5" unfinished, leaving 1/4 " seam allowance on all four sides).

- BLOCK PATTERN: The GIVER chooses the block they'd like to make. Could be one or several snowflakes in your block, as long as there is a snowflake-theme within that 12" x 12" perimeter. MAKE YOUR BLOCK USING A PATTERN AND METHOD YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH. No stress tests necessary, they're snowflakes, they'll all be gorgeous!

- FABRIC: Only pre-washed 100% cotton.

- COLOR: The RECEIVER chooses their preferred color palette. Could be Christmasy, could be something else. Let us know! The giver should create their blocks in the palette that the receiver would like. Snowflake prints are fine. This rule helps to ensure that each person receives blocks that they can put together into a quilt that looks nicely color coordinated.

- You'll be mailing your blocks DIRECTLY to each participant on your list, so each participant will receive the same number of blocks as participants. SO IF YOU HAVE QUILTING FRIENDS, GET THEM OVER HERE! This promises to be a really interesting swap, each snowflake is different, after all!

Let me know if you have any questions, or if I've missed any information.

This message was edited Sep 7, 2015 3:36 PM

This thread has 226 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!