Fall Roundup-Oct 3rd

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Fall Roundup this year is at Bothwell Lodge. We will be at the picnic shelter that is in the opening between the woods and before the lodge. You will turn left into the driveway for the shelter and drive a short distance to it. Directions are on the link below.

I got the day off so we can be there anytime. :~)

Location - Bothwell Lodge State Historical Site
19349 Bothwell State Park Road
Sedalia, MO 65301-9407

Date - October 3, 2015

Time - Gates open at 8 am and close at sunset

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1402044/#ixzz3j7h3dFo5

https://mostateparks.com/park/bothwell-lodge-state-historic-site

Joeswife and as many as she can pack in her car
KayJones
Pepper23
Happgarden
Shortleaf- if not trucking

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1402044/#ixzz3jTWJXKk6

This message was edited Sep 10, 2015 5:16 AM

This message was edited Sep 23, 2015 8:33 PM

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

okay, i posted it on my facebook.. LOL
Bonnie will come .... invited Patti from wichita, she is a daves member but can't remember her dg name.. invited another gal in wichita, but she doesn't belong to a site other than facebook
I"M GOING

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

rofl....love the post by Debbies name...lol

got the yes on KayJones and Bonnie, Patti said she can't this fall , maybe in spring.. haven't heard from Rosalia yet.

Ok guys!! It's almost here so we need to get a general idea of time and food.

I can bring brownies for sure, what else we want to do? This past spring we just did sandwiches which worked out good.

Sandwiches sounds good to me. I can bring deviled eggs, eggs is one thing I have plenty of. Getting about a dozen a day again. LOL

Definitely bring those!! LOL.

Hi guys, don't know if anyone is coming with me.. but I am coming. I didn't come last Spring , so tell me what to bring?

We're doing sandwiches, deviled eggs and brownies so far.

Happ has the deviled eggs and I've got the brownies at this time.

Alright guys we need to start buckling down on some last minute details. Time we want to meet and the rest of the food list. I work late(er) next few days so will try and post but may not have time.

Here's current food list. Planning on sandwiches which we can make our own or we can do a platter already made. I can get it or someone else can.

Happ- deviled eggs
Pepper- brownies, mayo, other condiments. plates, silverware, cooler of water?
joeswife- platter of sandwiches

This message was edited Sep 22, 2015 8:18 PM

This message was edited Sep 22, 2015 8:18 PM

I'll get a platter of sandwiches

Ok guys what time we want to figure on being there, roughly? Also our high for Sat is 64 with the low of 48 so it's gonna be on the chilly side though no complaints from me. lol

Ok, Happ's house instead? I can make the dogs even more spoiled rotten than they already are. LOL!

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Alright, Ru at happ's house! I don't have far to go! Yeow, that's cool.

wow just three of us, really? I can't get anyone to come with me..

NO NO NO...LOL I messed up I meant in the kc area, not my house... it is a mess! I am busy dragging plants in, trying to finish my doors, I don't even have time to cook for DH let alone anything else.....so sorry, I was so unclear.

Ok, I'm working on a few ideas for places. Fleming Park, Longview Park or Powell Gardens.

With Powell we can't take food in. There are picnic tables just past the gate house but no shelters. They have a restaurant in the visitor's center and in the barn that is in the harvest garden. Admission not free and I just now remembered they have a tractor and engine show going on this weekend too. www.powellgardens.org

The parks will depend on whether or not we can get a shelter at this late date.

why don't we just meet up for dinner, and hang out in the parking lot somewhere? ( I have never been to powell gardens)
Also, Does anyone want anything I have? LOL

Hehe happ! I was teasing, I know you meant Kc metro! Hate to see you lose the Bothwell money.
I plan on bringing plenty of plants. I'm just bringing a bunch of plants whether people want them or not..lol. We need a 10 x 10 canopy to set up somewhere free.

oh well, then, if there is money involved let's not waste it.. I will be in KC Friday night to see my daughter, will drive over in the am.. just someone tell me where we are going if not the bothwell..

Hello? I am leaving in the morning, I really want to see you all, but I am not dragging a car load of plants if we aren't clear on what we are doing, please someone call me. I am not leaving here until 10 am.

Sorry Debra, it's in the sept thread, wrong one, sorry about that.

I need to know what everyone wants, I am sharing a car with three huge boxes of a young woman stuff.(my daughter wants her sweaters and halloween decorations. here is what I have..
Agave blue in a pot, nice size a bunch of pups 3 years old.
4 oclock tubers and seeds all colors,giant white datura inoxia perennail plant now, coleus, oxalis, eupatoriam havenaise, double orange tall daylily, yelow iris, upright elephant ears, variegated spider plants, basil, houtunia, varigated vinca vine, purple/blue flowers. amaryllis, noid, cestrum nocturnam. golden rain tree. creeping sedum succulent, yellow blooms.,yellow jenny, mother of thousands kalancho, ( big Plant) datura triple black current ,

Debra, we're meeting at A Little BBQ Joint at 24 hwy and River Blvd in Indep. We will meet at noon.

http://www.alittlebarbqjoint.com/

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Debra, Will said highway 24 is also known as Independence Avenue. That was on the other thread. Sure wish I could be there with you guys. (sniff, sniff) Have a wonderful time!
Patti

Ok I am in kc. Kay jones kids house caught fire Wednesday. Bonnie will meet us. JOANNA will be with me

Yayayayayayayayayay!!!!!! LOL

Exception to that is the fire. Hope everyone is ok!!

Thanks Patti. Man, a house fire would suck. I'm all on schedule to leave Sunday for trucking school, boy, hope I make the grade, it won't be easy. You guys coming to the Ru bring your appetites, no breakfast!

Will, I have not congratulated you on your acceptance to driving school. Best of luck, I know you will be great at this. No more blisters!

Thanks Patti. I didn't know it would be so hard getting started even. Hehe, yeah, not anticipating blisters!

We ate lunch at "The Little BBQ Joint" and I thought the food was AMAZING!!! I had pulled pork with a hot potato salad that was amazing. The buns were warm, which I HATE cold buns....no puns intended...lol

I learned how to stick my hair up, course I don't have any hair (short) but I did learn something..lol. Everyone had amazing plants.

Oh yeah Patti, Debra is bringing you home a trunk full of plants!! She hopes to see you Monday...rofl.

I ended up with some great plants, my little car was stuffed full. I got a mugo pine from Will, a butterfly bush and 2 hardy hibiscus from Pepper, some red spider lilies and a tropical from Debra, along with a two vines, I am putting them on the fence that you see as you are driving up to my house. And I am sure other stuff that I just can't remember at this time. What a beautiful day. A little too cool to sit in the shade.

Pep said we are going to Powell Gardens next spring for the RU, so please plan on it.

It was great to see everyone, I missed atleast one RU, and hadn't seen Bonnie in forever.

Had a great time, now the bad part where am I putting these plants!!!

Just got the car unloaded. I loved seeing you all so much and Joanna felt right at home. Can't wait for Powell Garden next Spring. Sounds lovely. Love my willow the hibiscus voodoo babies cactus planter JOANNA took the agave. Can u believe she wanted it? Lol

You must finally be rubbing off on her. LOL

daughter like mother.

joyce, re-pot that stromanthe ( tricolor) and give it a bit of orchid bark, likes filtered indirect sun and humidity, it would prolly get to be a pot full like it was before I divided it if it had fresh soil.
treat it like a special EE.

Hope Will got that goji planted, I love mine, wish it would have bloomed sooner, everything is so late, I am loaded with tomatoes. Joe was thrilled to see the eggs, by the way. :)

Pepper, if Home Depot ever gets a ligularia, please get it for me. By the way, those houtunnias realy like shade/sun and are also able to grow in bog and pond locales, but mine are in clay soil and very pretty with the colors.
Will, I can't get over how professional your dish planters are. :D

Hi Debra, your up late. In case nobody noticed, I have a fear of saying goodbye and forgetting to say bye to anybody. So, I'm sorry. It's not really goodbye, I have a tablet and the motel has free wifi likely.

Thanks Debra, I made that cactus dish, I swear! j/k! Thanks for the compliment!

Yes, the eggs are cool as heck. As soon as I got home I put them in the fridge.
I'm pretty well packed up and ready to leave tomorrow morningish!

Safe travels, Will.

And now I have questions… Where do you have to go to learn how to drive? How long will it take, I'm expecting we will continue to hear from you. That's not a question it's a hope.

Thanks Patti, hope you like everything Debra has for you. I'm up to go to the bathroom, then I'm back to sleep (I probably shouldn't have drank a Pepsi at 1 am..lol). Sleeping also isn't easy when you've packed up your bedding (I probably should've thought of that as well).

In answer to your question about training, there are several trucking companies that provide everything, but they all hire class A cdl license holders. How long does training take? Usually, àbout 6 or 7 weeks, BUT, your in a contract with them for around a year, (unless you break it to go to another co., then you owe them around 6k). Do you know someone considering it? I can give co. names to apply for if you'd like, Patti. Family life is a big thing to consider. They talk about home often but if you want real money in otr you stay gone for a few weeks..lol
Oh yes, I'll be in touch.
Will

Will, the vast majority of people I know have either retired or are preparing for it. Remember, I'm a senior citizen. 😊 Thanks for the offer of information.

I haven't talk to Debra yet. But I want to thank everyone! I certainly did not expect anything. I just wanted to get to meet you all. I feel like, to some degree, I know you and yet, if I passed any of you on the street, I would keep on going. That just feels wrong.

I think I'm going to go back to sleep too. I woke up at 3:30 AM and have been on this stupid tablet ever since.. That's not quite true. I have done two loads of laundry, made breakfast, eaten it, done the dishes and fed the critters. Still, my eyes need a rest.

If I miss you, Will, good luck!

My dad and my nephew got my new pine tree planted today. I stood and watched since I wasn't needed. lol. I'm assuming it's a white pine though not 100% sure and my dad wasn't sure either. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.