Planting now?

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Is anyone planting anything now? I know I could look at a planting calendar but would love to hear what you guys are growing. 😃🌱

I guess the inferno heat this summer, combined with my busy schedule has just been too much for most of my plantings.. and I didn't plant much to begin with! I've got some things in pots and been keeping them alive until the heat breaks and I can plant them.. but what seeds can I start now is my main thing.. what are yall up to? Lol

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello Becky, good to hear from you.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I *should* be planting, but I'm hibernating inside! LOL

If you need a planting calendar, I use this one. Page 2 has the fall dates.

http://agrilifecdn.tamu.edu/urbantarranthorticulture/files/2010/06/Recommended_Planting_Dates_for_North_Texas1.pdf

I've been away for a bit, Josephine.. but am looking to get digging in the dirt again and you'll be seeing more of me LOL

Stephanie, there's not a whole lot you can do outside when it's THIS hot!! Are you planting anything soon? Sowing any seeds for fall transplanting?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I direct sow everything for fall. I was going to try planting some seeds for tomatoes, but that never happened when the heat set in. We (read that as "Mark") will probably be doing something when we have the 1 day cold front. That will be a great day to be out in the garden.

Haha, well the cold front is here!! Lol don't forget your parka!

Fort Worth, TX

Starting tomato seeds in pots for hothouse tomatoes in the greenhouse this winter. Hoping my surviving summer tomatoes actually do a fall fruiting to pay my waterbill for keeping them alive but not counting on them so the seeds are my backup. Also planting Texas Star hibiscus seeds and if I can get a wildflower area dug on the lot I will sow wildflower seeds for springblooming. need to get the grass out first. I don't want to have to water the wildflowers

I did just plant more buttercup and butternut squash and my chinese noodle beans in the garden about 10 days ago.I put them in between sweet potatoes, along the fence for the beans and where the summer squash died out in the main garden. Water on bare dirt equal weeds if I don't plant something.

Glad of this mornings' rain

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.