My koi pond 2015

Virginia Beach, VA

My pond is over 15 years old,it was a gift from DH when I was on a2 year sick leave suffering from a rare case if inflammatory arthritis
It was designed by a pond designer and I used to take naps in front of it with an electric fan .
M

Thumbnail by bellieg Thumbnail by bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

My pond is always netted and the PvC gets fragile over time
So DH built a wooden structure and hopefully will withstand winter

Thumbnail by bellieg Thumbnail by bellieg
Virginia Beach, VA

I am sorry for the lop sided pictures, this thread originated in my cell phone. The pictures are okay in my cell. How do I fix it?

thanks Belle

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Looks great Bell. Before this winter I hope to have a structure in place to catch the leaves.

Power company subs. just butchered my big oak in the middle of both ponds and boy do I have a cleaning job ahead of me. They did pick up all large limbs but now I have gazillilan small twigs to get up. Wish I hadn't just put all new mulch there. It took all the shade away from what we used for a sitting area. I know it will grow back but it sure will take time cause this year they really removed 1/2 of the tree. I was home but couldn't converse very well with Spanish speaking men. Next time I'll pitch a fit and I'll be they will understand that. I was almost in tears and for me that's unusual but it was a beautiful tree just too close to their power lines. If I ever plant a tree again I'll make sure it's at least 50 feet from power lines.

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Oh Bonnie! How sad! I loved that big oak tree, it was so pretty next to your pond! I'm sorry to hear about that.
I have 2 water lilies, a white lotus, and purple stemmed taro for you. Will you be around tomorrow? (wednesday)

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

MM I'm around every day as I have no car while Charlie is going for these treatments. Actually I'm glad to stay home. Could easily become a hermit. I have dr. apmts. next week for 3 days. Will be home on 26th (Wed.) and on Fri. the 28th. Audrey comes in town and takes me. I have early AM dentist apmt. Mon. 24 and then will be home rest of day. Tues. early vascular apmt. 9:45 and then home for rest of day. Crazy schedule next week but would really love to see you.

I'm hoping oak will put out and grow back fast as it looks awful and now no shade there.

Tel. 394-4883
Bonnie D.

Decatur, GA

Belle,
I wrote DG about the rotated pictures and they responded with its probably the iPhone picture.
:-
No comment of on fixing the issue.

Virginia Beach, VA

Yes it is iphone pictures

thank you

Belle

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

M Mary,
Power co. man came yesterday to inform me they had to cut my big oak and many others too often and are coming back to take one whole side off the oak tree. To say I was mad would be putting it mild.

I told him when a wind came and blew it into my pool cage and large pond I would be suing Seco Elec. He said he understood but had no choice in the matter. Those limbs are 12 inches at least in diameter. I hope they don't knock down the water fall house. If they do then we are really going to have a war. I'm trying to resign myself to the fact there won't be much shade there anymore. They are cutting right back to the trunk. The fools already hired Nelson Tree Trimming Co. to do all their trimming. Power Co. is doing this themselves.

I also warned them about dropping anything in on the fish. Last time I vac. out sawdust for 2 days. Wind blew it right into the ponds. Can't win for loosing.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Do you think if I covered the ponds with tarps while they were cutting the fish could stand it. I could keep the waterfalls and airators running. ???

Virginia Beach, VA

Yes Cover it with tarp keep a big beach ball at the middle so air can circulate

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes I have a big beach ball handy. Want to keep as much debris out as possible. I can always remove tarp when workers are gone at night. I doubt they will be here more than a day.

Virginia Beach, VA

Good luck Bonnie

How far are you from Disney?

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Holy Cow! I thought legally they were only allowed to make decisions on the branches that surround wiring and poles? Didn't they already cut them back last year? Try to get them to leave smaller healthy branches and then also maybe take one off from the pool side, so you have weight balance structurely and visually. Then hopefully it will pom-pom out with new growth.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Bell, I'm about 25 miles from Disney.

MM, Oak was just pruned a month ago by sub company Seco hired.

He was very definite of what they are going to take off tree. They will not take off anything but what is on the side of the electric wires. I asked them about that. We are talking major huge limbs being taken off at the tree trunk. It looks awful now but I will have to live with it. When you come over you will see what I mean. Structurally and visually it really will be ruined. I asked him what if I refused to let them on the property and he said that's not possible so to avoid an argument I told him to call just before they were coming. Can't fight city hall as the saying goes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.