CLOSED: 2015 August Birthday card swap

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

The DG birthday card club is a way to ensure a special day.

We welcome new members to the birthday thread. Our delightful obligation is to send a card to each birthday club member when his/her birthday occurs.

It's best to receive a pile of cards on or before your birthday so we do our best to send each card in a timely manner. This makes the card more meaningful to the recipient and to the sender. We don't have to send expensive or elaborate cards. We can make one or pick up one at nearly any store these days, or buy a whole box of cards at once and be prepared for the whole year!

It's a wonderful experience to receive cards in the mail.

Current Birthday Club Members:

Jokenna / Tina -- February 26
Dragonflys4me / Chris -- February 28
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
Katgroves / Kathy -- October 25
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

We came from here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1399905/

Thumbnail by GardenQuail

Hi, all.
Well, my mom's birthday is coming up this month, so I thought this cake would be a fun one as it has two of my mom's favorite colors: purple and blue :)
Have a great day!
Michelle

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread, and happy birthday to your Mom.

How is your dog doing?

Hi, all.
Sorry for disappearing for so long! Things got hectic around here. My guide dog started radiation therapy on August 17. He was originally going to start 2 weeks earlier, but his incision reopened and got infected. Took some time to get him on the correct antibiotics, but once we had him on the right one, his leg healed quickly. He's just starting to be itchy in the treatment area. Usually, this side effect doesn't start until 2-3 weeks into the radiation treatments, but because his leg took longer to heal from the infection, we're seeing the side effects starting a bit earlier. Overall, all things considered, he's doing all right. I'm looking forward to when he gets through the radiation therapy and recovers from the side effects. I'm hopeful that he will be able to resume guiding again, but we'll have to see how he's doing. In the meantime, he loves going to see all of the other dogs in the waiting room! And he loves that he gets to eat yummy food after his treatments :)
My mom's birthday is coming up this Friday. I'll pass on your birthday wishes :)
Well, my green beans are finally going to have some beans for me to harvest! :) I would have had some sooner, but I think it was too hot for my bean plants. They were dropping their flowers instead of growing beans. I've read that this happens when it's too hot. But our weather is more normal temperatures for us again, so I have green beans coming. Also have a few scarlet runners, but I think it was too hot for these, too. I'm hoping I'll get more in the fall.
Hope you all are well. I'll try to stop by a bit more frequently again :)
Michelle

Glad to hear your dog is getting treatment, and healing! I pray he can continue to be your guide dog.

Kathy has the kitchen towel swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1404639/

New thread for September.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1404650/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.