Fall RU Interest Thread

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Ok, everyone has been talking about a Fall RU. If you are interested and want to come post here and help pick a date that will work for everyone.

Location - Bothwell Lodge State Historical Site
19349 Bothwell State Park Road
Sedalia, MO 65301-9407

Date - October 3, 2015

Time - Gates open at 8 am and close at sunset

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1402044/#ixzz3j7h3dFo5

https://mostateparks.com/park/bothwell-lodge-state-historic-site

Greenbrain
Joeswife
KayJones
Pepper23

This message was edited Aug 8, 2015 8:46 PM

This message was edited Aug 9, 2015 8:43 PM

This message was edited Aug 17, 2015 7:46 PM

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend this fall.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I'm in as long as Joe and I don't have a concert to go to or something. I'd have to check the dates I have already committed to, before I say I can come. I want to so bad.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

I wanna come! Need to decide when so things don't get scheduled up.
Have you guys ever been to the Shelter Gardens in Columbia? They are beautiful! Giant water garden and a garden for the site impaired, haven't been there in years but it was amazing. I know there were picnic tables but I don't remember what other facilities were available. There was lots of parking and no steps. The Shelter Insurance® corporate offices and gardens are located at 1817 West Broadway in Columbia, Missouri. For more information about the gardens, please call 573-214-4595. We need a covered area this year especially since it seems to rain in Missouri every other day...rofl.
Just an idea.

https://www.shelterinsurance.com/aboutshelter/sheltergardens/

st. louis to columbia about 2 hours
kc to columbia about 2 hours
wichita to columbia about 4 and 1/2 hours, Debra could you spend the night in KC? Me Casa your Casa. Maybe we can drag Bonnie and dang her name escapes me!!! the one who just moved back.
anderson IN about 6 hours
plainwell mi about 8 hours
madison il about 2 hours
nichols ia about 4 hours
anna il about 4 hours

You forgot MN. LOL. I love how you posted drive times. Makes it easier for people to not make excuses. lol

Yeah Debra, you must drag Bonnie along. Just tell her you're taking her to lunch. LOL!!!

yes, well I am figuring this out, if we can do it on a weekend I have OFF with a Friday that would be great. Will check my schedule as far out as October 31st. I am out of town on Sept 5th to 12th, so the weekend after that would be out.

Pepper love the kid napping scheme...too funny!
I have a friend once I get in her car all bets are off. She is in control and where we had planned well so much for that....lol

Ok guys!! We need to start deciding on a date and location quick. I have to request the day off in order to make it and need to get it in quick.

I think end of Sept into middle of Oct will be a good time for us. It will be cooler and we still have time to get stuff in the ground. I will also need a list of who is in and I will post all the revelant info in the first post.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

I'd love to be there but I'll likely be training to be a truckdriver or I might have just went solo then.
If there's any chance I'd gladly stop at the ru if it's near my route. It's not looking too likely for me to be there but never know I guess.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I just noticed this thread. Count me in.

I talked to KayJones, she would go if I were to pick her up. ( Jo Mcfall)

Dates to consider; All are Saturdays to allow everyone time to get home before going back to work on Mon.

Oct 3rd
Oct 10th
Oct 17th
Oct 24th- Might be too late in the season but I figured I throw it out anyways.

Location. Do we want to do Shelter Gardens?

This message was edited Aug 11, 2015 6:45 PM

I will look at the board tomorrow, now they have my name on the Saturdays I work, finally. *sigh* I'm really liking the October 17th for some reason.

LOL. You like it because the heat wave should be over and we will be able to smell the leaves changing if not seeing them do it already.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I like 9/26 because I scheduled vacation 9/25 thru 9/28. It is the 1st weekend of Autumn and the day light hours will be longer than in Oct.

We can pick up Kay not a problem. What about the Aunt B?
I called shelter gardens had to leave a message, if no shelter house at the shelter garden it would not be good. Not this year...lol.

I WORK ON THE 26TH. NO WAY AFTER BEING GONE THE 5TH THRU 12TH
( 2 SATURDAYS) WILL THEY LET ME OFF. SORRY.

Heard back from the shelter insurance. The only thing you can schedule are weddings, anyone want to get married? otherwise it is first come first serve.

They do have a wedding on the 5th of Sept, sept 26th, and oct 10.
It isn't that we can't have the ru there during the wedding it is just more people. They have a gazebo, and a school house for shelter. Gazebo holds about 15 and the school house up to 25.

I really don't care I just want shelter...rofl. I think it rains up here everyday! She said to call her if we decide to have it there and she can tell me if any weddings are scheduled.

Remember the brief rain storm last year! Short but very heavy....

Sedalia was pretty

We can certainly do the garden again in Sedalia or also Bothwell (yes happ, I'm gonna keep mentioning it! LOL). Both places have shelters that we can reserve.

Happ, do you want to call on both and see if shelters are available for use during the time frame we're considering? That way we know if any of them are contenders.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2015 7:40 PM

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I sure want Debra to be there so forget that I suggested 9/26. lol

Dearest Betty, you are so sweet. I wish I could say yes to that date. I asked today and was shut down. If we can't do it around the first week of October, You guys go ahead without me. I am suffering from Pleurisy right now, still working, and came home to Joe fighting the new Cox black box.. I was so looking forward to resting *sigh* It still isn't working.

We're down to:

Oct 3rd
Oct 10th
Oct 17th
Oct 24th

Location, possibly Shelter Gardens or Sedalia. Benefit of Sedalia is we can reserve the shelter.

Vote early and vote often...rofl. Let me know guys and I will call and reserve it.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I'm flexible. Whichever date will give us the best turn out. Also, pick a date with good weather. LOL We'll just have to hope for that, right?

The way this year has been it will be a miracle if we get a nice sunny day. LOL

I have been sick, worked today and forgot to look at the board, someone call me at work Monday? google Scholfield Honda, ask for Debra

I work on the 10th and the 24th of October..

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!!! The Renowned Central Midwest Gardening RU will be.......

Location - Bothwell Lodge State Historical Site
19349 Bothwell State Park Road
Sedalia, MO 65301-9407

Date - October 3, 2015

Time - Gates open at 8 am and close at sunset

This message was edited Aug 17, 2015 11:10 AM

https://mostateparks.com/park/bothwell-lodge-state-historic-site

If you want to look around on their web page. I did not schedule a tour of the lodge.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Perfect! Thank you.

NEW THREAD!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1403906/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.