Plant Sale!!!!!!!

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

American Plant on River Road is having a 30% off sale on hellebores and a bunch of other plants. They have 50% off on "patio" plants! Got a bat plant with 3 flower buds on it that is huge! Also got a "Japanese Orchid" that is gorgeous and covered with blooms. Fingers were itching for the hellebores, agastache, and "Bear's Breeches" (absolutely huge!)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Sounds divine, yehudith!

Hope you're having a lovely summer!

silver spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Let you know after tomorrow. I'm taking my wound care certification test tomorrow morning and I'm anything but ready. If I pass I'm hitting the sale no holds barred!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

sounds like a great way to celebrate, good luck! (But I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Good going!

I got 5 battered but sturdy looking plants from the Lowe's discount cart just now... $3 each since they were Proven Winner varieties... a neat looking shasta daisy with small, quilled blooms, a Salvia, a compact pink Gaura, and a delicately colored white/blue phlox. They are in a tray getting a good drink now. I can definitely see why they were pulled from the perennial section, but all have good roots and new growth already starting, so I'll cut them back and plant them out.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Jill--
You need to make a trip here to the MD. Flower and Foliage Green-Houses.
They have so much great, fresh--and well cared for stock of perennials ($2)
annuals ($1) and Burpee Herbs in 4" pots--$1 each.

This is down the Lane from Richardson Farms. I will be glad to show you where....
it is only 4 miles or so from my house.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Maryland+Flower+%26+Foliage+Co/@39.3717041,-76.430153,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x2885f574e68d6098

gita

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Gita, if they still have stuff next week, I'll try to get out there... this week, Jim will be away, my turn to hold down the fort! It's Fair Week, too. :-)

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Not to worry, Jill---
These are not just leftovers"---They grew more perennials and herbs on purpose
so people would have something else to buy this time of year than MUMS!

There are still tables full (inside and out) of perennials. ALL are $2.

If you come--I will shop can shop with you--except I am not buying any more stuff.
You can also partake of all the fresh foods and greens AT RICHARDSON FARMS ,
buy some fresh chicken, eggs and all kinds of jams and sweets...fresh service Deli too..
Great food for sale--all made on premises by a chef. The lunch line is out the door!

Great place. It is right at the end of the road you have to take to get to MD F&F...

A couple miles closer to me , we can stop @ Chapel Hill Nursery. They don't have
any plants this time of year--but some local produce.

Just FYI---
I work Wednesday, 8AM-4:30PM. have a 10AM apt. Thursday with my Financial Guru--
Have my HS Class reunion Saturday-- and I work all day Sunday. Not the best week!

You may just have to go on your own... Gita

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Let me get through Fair Week here, and then I can think about next week LOL Monday or Tuesday might work

Anybody want to join the fun either day?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.