Acer ginnala?

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Diana from another thread said it looks promising, given the longer central lobe. I was looking for a nice small red specimen and then started thinking about negatives like invasiveness and/or it producing as many seeds, therefore seedlings all over my lawn...just like my Acer Saccharum does.

Does anyone have experience with an Amur Maple (Acer ginnala); is it friend or foe?

Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii Thumbnail by Mipii
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Yep, Acer ginnala.

Friend here, but the climate here isn't really suited to helping it get invasive so it doesn't cause problems here.

Resin

Thanks so much Resin, I can't imagine a Michigan climate helps it be invasive either.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

I'd not rely on that! Your climate is close to what it gets in its native area in southeast Siberia / northeast China. So it could very easily be invasive for you, as it's pre-adapted to the conditions.

Resin

It's not banned or listed in Michigan but I'm going to check with my local extension just to be sure. I should have looked for it's native habitat Resin instead of ASSuming it would be native. I'm glad you answered...thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.