Bye to Daves Garden Friends

Arlington, TX

I don't see much activity in any of my forums here so I won't renew my membership. I have always enjoyed learning new things and getting good advice. I will miss the TX RU's and all the nice folks I've met.
I thought I would sign off with some pics of my favorite plants - carnivorous pitcher plants, Sarracenias.

Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw
Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh Cheryl, you can't quit, you have such gorgeous plants and we love to see the them.
You must be the best carnivorous plant grower anywhere around here, those pictures are amazing!!!
I am sorry that I haven't been very active on the Texas forum, I have so many projects that I have taken on, but I still read the Texas forum every day even though I may not post.
Sheila has taken on many projects too and her husband has been sick so she hasn't been able to post much.
Please reconsider and stay with us.

Your friend,
Josephine.

Decatur, GA

I now see this. Sorry to see you go but I can understand if there isn't enough here to keep you interested.
Good luck and remember you can always come back and you could change your mind!

Dallas, TX

I don't know your exact last day on DG, but I hope you'll see this post. I wanted to let you know that your pictures of the pitcher plants answered a 'what the what?' question I'd previously posted about your garden. Those were the flowers that I was seeing in your July pictures. Thanks for posting the pics above. They're beautiful.

Also want you to know that you have one of the best, if not the best, pseudonyms I've seen on any site. Makes me especially sorry that I've not had a chance to get to know you. Of course, you are in Arlington and I'm just down the road in Dallas, so I wouldn't object to a visit to your garden. (Oh slap me! Did I really say that?)

I do understand your feeling about DG. I'm getting a little ambivalent myself. But while the Internet has such a wealth of information on so many topics (all true, right?), DG is still a place where I can ask locals questions. Of course, I'm pretty new at this thing called gardening.

Best wishes!

Rowlett, TX(Zone 8a)

Cheryl, I hope you will reconsider. There is always a lull on this forum in the dead of winter and in the heat of summer. Like Josephine, I don't post much these days but I do read the TX forum frequently. I love to look at the pictures and hear the stories, and especially to attend the RUs. You will be sorely missed so I hope you change your mind. :-(

Carla in Rowlett

Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

So sorry.

Will we see you elsewhere ?

Fort Worth, TX

well I seem to remember that I joined Daves Garden in about 2004, but did not pay for a membership until 2013, and I still visited now and then. You can always stop by, I guess some of the forums are for paying members only. While it isn't real active and that is somewhat of a disappointment at times, at $20 a year my membership is reasonable and valuable to me now. I never heard of a RU until I paid the dues, come to think of it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.